cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How much of a headstart does the VIVE need to finish the CV1

shadowfrogger
Heroic Explorer
I hear everywhere that Oculus is dead if they don't release this year but how does anyone know that for certain? Sure if they release in 2017, it's probably likey they will fail but realistically Oculus will release anytime before q3 2016. Ps3 released a whole year later at a ridiculous price and still came back. Is 3-6 months behind the VIVE going to make that much of a difference? The target market for the VIVE is almost all pro-comsumers, expensive HMD, needs high end PC, handful of AAA made of Vr games. Any other games require a decent amount of computer literacy.

We know dk 2 can move over 100k units. Even if the Vive sells 300k before oculus makes it out. Oculus still have all the potential customers for the next 5 years. For instance, let's say it's the end of 2016 and my friend asked my advice about which headset to get, I would based what I say on price,content, ease of use and quality. Not which headset came out first.

I wouldn't recommend any headset if it has less then 10% of the total market sales but I just don't see that happening for either headset.
Visit my amateur homegrown indie game company website! http://www.gaming-disorder.com/
3 REPLIES 3

Skelator
Honored Guest

Pepsi - Coca Cola
Mcdonalds - Burger King
Ford - GM
Xbox - Playstation
Apple - Microsoft
He Man - Skelator

Need I go on.........

Although the last one is so one sided. >;{}
Everything I do, is for the sake of evil. Almost>;{} Tianhe-2|1,375 TiB|12.4 PB|OS Kylin Linux|VR Input Marmalade Jars All my "POSTs" in this forum are fictitious. Any resemblance to real "FACTs", living or dead, is a miracle. 😉

Anonymous
Not applicable
"Skelator" wrote:

Pepsi - Coca Cola
Mcdonalds - Burger King
Ford - GM
Xbox - Playstation
Apple - Microsoft
He Man - Skelator

Need I go on.........

And in all cases the first to market remains dominant in position for the majority of the time.

Skelator
Honored Guest
"Tim74UK" wrote:
"Skelator" wrote:

Pepsi - Coca Cola
Mcdonalds - Burger King
Ford - GM
Xbox - Playstation
Apple - Microsoft
He Man - Skelator

Need I go on.........

And in all cases the first to market remains dominant in position for the majority of the time.

Thankfully dominant doesn't always mean best, I love Burger King. :lol:
Everything I do, is for the sake of evil. Almost>;{} Tianhe-2|1,375 TiB|12.4 PB|OS Kylin Linux|VR Input Marmalade Jars All my "POSTs" in this forum are fictitious. Any resemblance to real "FACTs", living or dead, is a miracle. 😉