cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Play Unity Games?

CoryandStuff
Explorer
-Solved-

Okay, so I am somehow unable to play the horror demo Affected v1.2; however, I can play other Rift games/demos smoothly.

The demo was originally a RAR file but I converted it to a 7Z file and now when I attempt to play the demo, through clicking the demo's icon, the Unity Editor pops up.

Did I miss something? :roll:
4 REPLIES 4

DarrenM
Explorer
"CoryandStuff" wrote:
The demo was originally a RAR file but I converted it to a 7Z file

Can you explain what you mean by this? You should just extract everything from the rar to a folder (retaining internal folders) and run the exe from there. Same as every other demo.

CoryandStuff
Explorer
"DarrenM" wrote:
"CoryandStuff" wrote:
The demo was originally a RAR file but I converted it to a 7Z file

Can you explain what you mean by this? You should just extract everything from the rar to a folder (retaining internal folders) and run the exe from there. Same as every other demo.

That's what I did, and always do, but for some reason it just didn't work this time. I included the file type just in case that information was somehow useful.

DarrenM
Explorer
I don't understand why you need to convert it though. rar is just an alternative compression format like zip or 7z. The 7-zip program can extract all of them.

CoryandStuff
Explorer
"DarrenM" wrote:
I don't understand why you need to convert it though. rar is just an alternative compression format like zip or 7z. The 7-zip program can extract all of them.

I somehow got everything working, not sure why this particular demo gave me problems.