cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to check for your $15 store credit.

LZoltowski
Champion
Hi all, have received numerous questions regarding this so here is a bullet point summary:

• Your $15 (or your currency equivalent) will be applied within 7 days to your account
  • To qualify you must have used your Rift on or after February 1st 2018

Store credits legal bits: 
https://www.oculus.com/email/zdirect/?redirect=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.oculus.com%2Flegal%2Fstore-credits%...

To check your store credit ballance:

When you receive store credit from Oculus, you can check your store credit balance from your settings in the Oculus app. Before you can use your store credit, you'll need to add a payment method to your account. All of your Oculus devices share the same store credit.

To check your store credit balance using the Oculus app on your computer:

1. Open the Oculus app on your computer.
  2. Select Settings in the left menu.
  3. Select the Payment tab to view your store credit balance.

Note: You can only use store credit in the currency it was issued in. Oculus store credit is non-transferable and cannot be used in another currency. 

Source:

https://support.oculus.com/176820559444065/

Example of how it looks:
yabdgbqj42y2.jpg
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂
255 REPLIES 255

Syrellaris
Rising Star
It will show up like this if you have payment material added.

044aghgli1us.png

Darklorduk
Explorer

IamRuuts said:

As far as I can tell no one has gotten the 15 dollar credit yet.  Can't find anyone on google search or any forums claiming they received it, but like most of the sane people on this forum have stated over and over again SEVEN DAYS. I'm 99 percent sure it will be before that.  Several days ago people were complaining that they couldn't use their oculus rift to play any game at all and it was the end of the world...  today people haven't received their credit yet, can play any game they own and it's the end of the world...  tomorrow they will wake up and be out of froot loops and it will be the end of the world...  

i dont think we are getting any

crichardson2560
Honored Guest
I am a newer rift user only had it for a couple of weeks. I received my credit but, since I do not have a payment method set up it will not let me use the store credit. Seems a bit janky and I couldn't find that requirement in their store credit terms. They might as well just remove it if I cannot actually use the credit, just sitting there taunting me like I could possibly have 15 bucks when I do not. 

cybereality
Grand Champion
You will need to add a credit card or PayPal in order to make any purchase. However, if you have store credit, it will apply that first to the price before it charges you any money.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

MrKaru
Adventurer

I am a newer rift user only had it for a couple of weeks. I received my credit but, since I do not have a payment method set up it will not let me use the store credit. Seems a bit janky and I couldn't find that requirement in their store credit terms. They might as well just remove it if I cannot actually use the credit, just sitting there taunting me like I could possibly have 15 bucks when I do not. 

Just add a payment method, buy what you want with the $15, then delete the payment method. That's what I would do. 

crichardson2560
Honored Guest

MrKaru said:

Just add a payment method, buy what you want with the $15, then delete the payment method. That's what I would do. 

I will probably end up doing that... but as an desktop application dev this is the kind of passive aggressive forced interaction that really rubs me the wrong way. I would be totally ok with this if they stated this plainly in the terms but, they don't ... they make one claim that implies this 
  • Oculus may automatically apply available Credits in your Oculus Store account towards the payment of your next digital content purchase. If your desired purchase amount for digital content is greater than your available Credits, you may pay for the difference using a payment method accepted by Oculus.
But they never actually just say store credits are not a payment method. Which seems weird to me because if they ever expand and start selling cards like steam (which seems like a no duh move to me) . Then they would have to implement store credit as a fully fledged payment method or create an additional store credit method to distinguish between courtesy credits and purchased credit. 

Double01
Honored Guest
I have tried to buy a duo pack and a single game, but when the payment page comes up it tells me that I cannot use my store credit as it is not in the corresponding currency, I am in Canada and store prices are in US. is there a setting I am missing or is there a Canadian Oculus Store?

crichardson2560
Honored Guest
I believe it is in settings > general >Region formatting but, ill wait for others to confirm

cybereality
Grand Champion
You'll have to contact us so we can fix your account. Thanks. https://support.oculus.com/
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Double01
Honored Guest
I tried that and it seems to make no difference. All prices show up as US dollars in my Oculus store, cant see the point off having my credit in Can if I can only pay in US.