cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to disable position tracking?

Nate8080
Level 2
Oculus just arrived, and I intend to use it soon hopefully without position tracking. I just want to use the mouse for vision movement in-game (League of Legends) with VorpX, not my head motion. How do I do this? Just unplug the camera?
5 REPLIES 5

cybereality
Level 15
You can unplug the camera, but this will only stop receiving accurate positional tracking data. The Oculus on-board tracker itself will still update for orientation (rotation) motion, and you will get some "faked" positional data via a head-neck model. If I were you, I'd check in the 3rd party app you are using and see if head-tracking can be disabled in there.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

ralfal
Level 2
The best way to do this in general is turning down the (rotational) head tracking sensitivity to 0.0 on the head tracking page of the vorpX ingame menu and disable pos tracking on the same menu page.

For League of Legends I would suggest something else though: turn on "Virtual Cinema Mode" on the main page of the vorpX ingame menu and then turn on "Lock head tracking". This disables the head tracking in the game, but let's you still look around the virtual screen. Games like League of Legends are better suited for Virtual Cinema mode than for the default Full VR mode.

Nate8080
Level 2
"ralfal" wrote:
The best way to do this in general is turning down the (rotational) head tracking sensitivity to 0.0 on the head tracking page of the vorpX ingame menu and disable pos tracking on the same menu page.

For League of Legends I would suggest something else though: turn on "Virtual Cinema Mode" on the main page of the vorpX ingame menu and then turn on "Lock head tracking". This disables the head tracking in the game, but let's you still look around the virtual screen. Games like League of Legends are better suited for Virtual Cinema mode than for the default Full VR mode.

Thank you, Virtual Cinema mode is exactly what I wanted for all my games. Headtracking is nice for realism but it is not at all suited for competitive play, too hard to aim or look around as opposed to using a mouse.

snappahead
Level 5
It sounds like you might just want to get a 3d monitor.
i7 3820 16 gigs of Ram GTX 780ti

Nate8080
Level 2
"Snappahead" wrote:
It sounds like you might just want to get a 3d monitor.

Laptop user...so yeah...Plus Oculus still >>> 3D monitor! 😉