cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to increase frame rate in Unity Labs demo scene

malospam
Honored Guest
I have a brand new alienware top of the line laptop, and also got a hold on the Oculus headset. So far everything runs beautifully with a great frame rate, usually at least 60.0. The only problem I am having is when I open up the Unity Labs 01: Robot Lab's empty tutorial scene and add the oculus player controler. Then the frame rate is really choppy. I even tried obvious things like removing the particle system, not using as many lights, etc. I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on making the scene run alot smoother. Thanks!!
4 REPLIES 4

cybereality
Grand Champion
I'm not sure, but I will check it out and let you know what I find.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

malospam
Honored Guest
thanks!

cybereality
Grand Champion
I just tested, and it seems to work OK. First thing I did was disable Vsync. You can look at the bottom of OVRCameraController.cs and change it to zero.

QualitySettings.vSyncCount = 0;

With the default Unity camera I was getting around 400-500 FPS, with the OVRCameraController I was getting around 300FPS, which makes sense. This is with an Nvidia GTX 680.

Can you run FRAPS and disable Vsync and let me know what FPS you are getting?
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

malospam
Honored Guest
Sorry I just saw this. However, as you may have seen in my posts, I can't get my new oculus to work, and it doesn't seem like the oculus team cares at the moment, I don't see them responding to people's sets that don't work. I could be wrong, but that is my impression. So very disappointed.