cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hp Reverb sale

Techy111
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Hp is selling their Reverb for a further 15 percent off for black friday. Only £437 for 100 hours only 😉
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

24 REPLIES 24

kevinw729
Level 16
The more I look at it, and the more I evaluate response to evaluating it - the HP Reverb strikes me as the Rift1.2 that the market deserved (a better approach to the Rift-S). I don't subscribe to the rumor that this is the result of a fall out in negotiations between HP and OVR to work together, as this is clearly a WinMR inspirational platform - but barring the issues and limitations of the design, I wonder what could have been if this had been the fruit of a OVR/HP partnership.

There just seems to be so many "missed opportunities" in the VR sector at the moment - either subparr or just slightly off approaches - I wonder how much of this is the impact of reality on actual sales achieved against hyped hopes. And now with the musical-chairs prevalent with execs in the sector, these opportunities are missed to better launch, develop and market to see the market grow.
https://vrawards.aixr.org/ "The Out-of-Home Immersive Entertainment Frontier: Expanding Interactive Boundaries in Leisure Facilities" https://www.amazon.co.uk/Out-Home-Immersive-Entertainment-Frontier/dp/1472426959

RuneSR2
Level 16

kevinw729 said:

I wonder what could have been if this had been the fruit of a OVR/HP partnership.

Reverb with Touch and ASW 2.0? I'd buy that one  ❤️ - and let's keep external tracking too! 😉

Valve Index & Oculus Rift CV1, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 8TB
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

Shadowmask72
Level 16

RedRizla commented:
 I have used plastic cable ties to secure the connector onto the ring part at the back of the headset.

MEEE TOO!!!

What also pishes me off is that I don't think we will see another company making a VR headset with this resolution for a some time now.

Erm PIMAX 8KX cumming soon!

😉 

System Specs: ASUS NVIDIA RTX 3090 TUF GAMING OC 24GB , i9 9900K CPU, 16 GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 10 64 Bit OS.

Calibos
Level 5
Ordered a Reverb a few days ago for sim and Virtual Cinema usage. Primarily the latter until Next Summer by which time the nVidia 3000 series GPU's and Intel desktop 10 series CPU's will hopefully have launched.

My ideal 2019 HMD would have been a Rift Pro with the 2160x2160 panels of the Reverb, Rift S lenses, the Index IPD and FOV adjustment mechanisms, the CV1 headphones and Insight Tracking.

Murphys law dicates that now that I have bought a WMR Reverb, Oculus will make public the Hardware partnerships they have been fostering and keeping secret where Samsung and HP feeling abandoned by Microsoft and the WMR ecosystem, move under the umbrella of Oculus and Facebook and become the first 3rd Party HMD's officially supported within the Oculus ecosystem and leveraging Oculus' software stack and tracking and controller expertise for both Samsungs Ultrawide FOV curved OLED Oddyssey 2.0 with Insight Tracking and Touch and HP's Reverb 2.0 with same.

Come back in 6 months and marvel.....and laugh... at my prescience. LOL.

Shadowmask72
Level 16
Hey fella, I think even if that happens you won't be disappointed with the Reverb. It's a nice headset if clarity is your thing. The thick and heavy cable, lack of mechanical IPD, small area of high-focus, mura can be overcome and easily forgotten once you're actually gaming and not looking for problems. I think a lot of folks underplay this element. HP made a pretty decent VR headset in 2019. It's just people do love to focus a lot on the negatives. 

System Specs: ASUS NVIDIA RTX 3090 TUF GAMING OC 24GB , i9 9900K CPU, 16 GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 10 64 Bit OS.