cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I Put Together A Little Opinion-Piece/Comedy Skit Surrounding The State of VR in 2018!

Grogu92
Explorer
Hey guys, since getting my Rift i've been having crazy amounts of fun. I put together a little video discussing a few topics surrounding VR (albeit in a very non-serious way) that I'd love to get your opinion on! 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJKRupdfjNc

This took a looooong time to put together, so I hope you like it!
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Funny stuff man, made me chuckle right off the bat with Hank Hill - but on a serious note, Valve isn't really direct competition for Oculus. They have hedged their bets by supporting both HTC and Oculus - sure SteamVR caters to the Vive first, but it fully supports the Rift. It is up to developers who are selling through Steam to support the Rift or not. But generally I find most games do support the Rift. So Valve gets 30% of every VR game sold whether it is played on the Rift or the Vive. It doesn't matter to them if the Vive tanks and the Rift succeeds or vice versa because they are going to be getting sales either way.

Grogu92
Explorer
ThiSimonSays28 said:

Funny stuff man, made me chuckle right off the bat with Hank Hill - but on a serious note, Valve isn't really direct competition for Oculus. They have hedged their bets by supporting both HTC and Oculus - sure SteamVR caters to the Vive first, but it fully supports the Rift. It is up to developers who are selling through Steam to support the Rift or not. But generally I find most games do support the Rift. So Valve gets 30% of every VR game sold whether it is played on the Rift or the Vive. It doesn't matter to them if the Vive tanks and the Rift succeeds or vice versa because they are going to be getting sales either way.

Very valid points! Thanks for watching though, and I'm glad you enjoyed it!

RattyUK
Trustee
I liked it - then had to subsribe to your channel just in case...

A fun presentation that made me chuckle and very well put together.  Throw another one together sometime soon  🙂
PC info: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - Sapphire 7900XTX - 32GB DDR4 4000 - 3 NVMe + 3SATA SSD - Quest 2 & 3

GeekyGami
Adventurer

Sorry for the gigantic image, this service doesn't exactly have a lot of emoticons.

Digikid1
Consultant
What was that shooting game at the beginning?

Nice touch using music from the Halo Soundtrack. 

“SBUBSCRIDE”?