cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I bought my RIFT and the Samsung Odyssey notebook with the GTX1050 video card but does not work.

paulomr
Honored Guest
Hello everyone,
I bought my RIFT and also the Samsung Odyssey notebook with the GTX1050 video card but the message appears in the oculus HEADSET application setup (?) And the monitor image also appears in the oculus.
Does anyone know how to solve the problem?
I already reinstalled the drives and also NVIDIA EXPEIRENCE.

Please help me.

Hugs
4 REPLIES 4

Digikid1
Consultant
you need a 1050Ti.  Not a 1050

LZoltowski
Champion
Heya, please contact Oculus Support directly here, they will be more qualified to help you with the issue:

https://tickets.oculusvr.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

A NOTEBOOK (Oculus has some which are guaranteed to work on their website - no others are guaranteed and tested by them) and a NOTEBOOK with a gpu under spec at that.

Mate, it is underpowered.  As digikid says you need at least a 1050 ti - get it working by all means but it will be a sub par experience. 
Big PC, all the headsets, now using Quest 3

BrokenSymmetry
Heroic Explorer
In a technologically advanced society, nobody is expected to know everything. That is simply impossible. But everybody is expected to be able to do research before venturing into unknown territories. It is an essential skill, especially if you
1. value your own money;
2. want to do geeky stuff such as buying a VR HMD at such an early stage.