cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I don't have facebook account and I don't want to use it with my oculus quest

ZO0MZ0OM
Honored Guest
So I strongly disagree with upconming terms of services update and consider it totally unlowful. Federal government should conduct comprehensive and thorough investigation on facebook and oculus actions. I've bought oculus quest not to some one to decide how I will use it and push it's decision by force. One more reason in favor of that big IT company like facebook should be split and banned to buy another company. Anyway this new update should be examined in court.
3 REPLIES 3

OmegaM4N
Expert Trustee
Well if you have a FB vr device right now then you won't need to make a FB account until Jan 1st 2023, so you have some leg room to see what happens in the world of Vr over the next two years. 😉
CV1/Vive-knuckles)/Dell Vr Visor/Go/Quest II/ PSVR.

kevinw729
Honored Visionary

OmegaM4N said:

Well if you have a FB vr device right now then you won't need to make a FB account until Jan 1st 2023, so you have some leg room to see what happens in the world of Vr over the next two years. 😉

>"....from October gradual integration to a full Facebook ID process will take place, until January 2023, when the full implantation will take place....at which point some elements and functionality will be removed for those not logged into their account..." [paraphrased]

I think you will start to notice a difference - no matter how gradual at first @OmegaM4N
https://vrawards.aixr.org/ "The Out-of-Home Immersive Entertainment Frontier: Expanding Interactive Boundaries in Leisure Facilities" https://www.amazon.co.uk/Out-Home-Immersive-Entertainment-Frontier/dp/1472426959

Double_Shot
Adventurer
Yep.  Next month account or not, you will have to agree with the new TOS from FB.  Take the time to read it, not just the email they sent.  If you click on the link in the email you will see the full, draconian measures they are implementing next month.  If you're fine with FB and their policies and procedures, then you have nothing to be concerned about.  Unfortunately there are a lot of us out here who aren't fine with it and will be abandoning Oculus.  I already have my CV-1 and Rift S up for sale on CL.