cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a question, I bought the oculus rift 2 pc link

braveface719
Honored Guest

The question I have is I bought  the oculus  rift 2 and installed programs, and now I just purchased the pc link but my games aren't in the pc menu, do I seriously have to buy my software twice?

2 REPLIES 2

Anonymous
Not applicable

There is no Rift 2 so I assumed you are talking Quest 2.

Quest 2 standalone has it's own games and store. Quest 2 connected to the PC via Link will use the games library from your Oculus account, like if you had games already for a Rift they should be there and accessible via Oculus Link for the PC.

kojack
MVP
MVP

The Rift and Quest stores are separate, since the games are not directly compatible (different operating system, different CPU, etc).

Developers can choose if their game is "Cross Buy". When you buy a cross buy game, you get both store versions for one purchase. If a game isn't cross buy, you need to buy it twice if you want Quest (native) and Rift (Quest with Link cable or Airlink) versions.

Some examples: Beat Saber and Superhot are not cross buy. Audica and Pistol Whip are cross buy.

However even if they are cross buy, you won't see the games in the other library immediately. You need to search for each game on the other store and it should have a price of "Free". Buy it again for free and it will appear in your other library.

So if you buy Audica on the Quest store, then go into the Rift store and it will be listed as Free. Buy that and you'll have 2 versions for the price of 1.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2