cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm Trying hard to be positive about Oculus

Peejle
Explorer
I ordered first 5 minutes. I don't have my Rift. Order status said shipping by April 12. Contacted Support. No response.
I've been on this forum from day 1. I've always tried to stay positive. Rarely complained about the DK1 delay, the DK2 delay, CV1 delay, lack of communication from Palmer and Oculus in general, the fact that they are rarely on their own developer forums if at all. The one bright spot being Cyber. It must be a really tough job and I feel for him. He's let even blatantly unfair criticism of the company remain on the forum for the community itself to dispute. Open, uncensored dialogue is always better.

I've had the Vive for a week or so now. Family / friends love it. I say "it's all demos, room scale will fade, no AAA titles will be built around it, hard to transport", etc. etc. Effectively talking down the product I bought for $850 in favor of an Oculus HMD I haven't tried. That's loyalty. I'm trying hard to stay positive about Oculus.

And I wait.

Peejle
36 REPLIES 36

Ricktor_Black
Adventurer
This type of thing has been said so many times, in so many ways, it's starting to seem counter-productive to keep posting it.  The delay, the reasons why etc is all known and has been discussed.  Do we really need to start more threads about it?  Launching a new product is difficult and there are a lot of points where things can go wrong, especially with a highly technical device like this with a lot of parts from various places.  We are suffering because we are early adopters, that's the price we pay.  Nobody forced us to buy the first batch of these things.  We could have waited a year until the supply chain was all worked out.  I might sound like a dick here, but people kind of need to 'get over it' and move on.  

Lemming1970
Rising Star

TOPIC TITLE: I'm Trying hard to be positive about Oculus

TOPIC CONTENT: But I'll bash the Vive instead whilst swearing complete loyalty to Oculus.

Complete crud.

V-walker was pretty ruthless and a tad rude at times with his language, and his dedication to the Vive was unfaltering, but at least you knew where you stood with him. The sly people who reside on these forums now though are far worse because they sneakily house a hidden agenda in seemingly innocuous posts whilst purporting neutrality.

Yet he already owns a VIVE go figure hey.
Modded Coolermaster RC-1000 Cosmos/1000W Corsair HX Series i7 6700k o/c to 4.7ghz Corsair H100i water cooler. Zotac 1080Ti 16 gb DDR4 o/c to 3000mhz Predator XB271HU 27" 2560x1440 IPS G-Sync 165Hz

GenetixStudio
Superstar
I like seeing new threads with this info - keeps me sane while waiting for the Rift to show up. I agree - nice to see many of the early issues fixed in the meantime, loving that I was able to move all of the setup and data to my storage drive also.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I would think 99.99% of people who had a Vive while waiting for the Rift would not sit here and complain to Oculus about losing their loyalty. I mean honestly, what else does the Rift have that the Vive doesn't (minus exclusive games),speaking hardware wise here, that would make it so hard to wait for? I mean I had a Rift, wasn't compelling enough for me to keep, and am going all crazy waiting for my Vive now. 

wereman
Protege

I would think 99.99% of people who had a Vive while waiting for the Rift would not sit here and complain to Oculus about losing their loyalty. I mean honestly, what else does the Rift have that the Vive doesn't (minus exclusive games),speaking hardware wise here, that would make it so hard to wait for? I mean I had a Rift, wasn't compelling enough for me to keep, and am going all crazy waiting for my Vive now. 

Why didn't you keep the Rift for the touch controllers later? They might be supported with some of the current Vive exclusives and then the only real difference would be quality/longevity.

Peejle
Explorer
Luke in Support contacted me. Could be shipped as late as May 12. Six weeks after the original March 28 date I was given when I ordered in first 5 minutes. No explanation. All three of the RIft launches were delayed but I took the first two in stride. This one is harder to take being the Commercial version and with their direct competition delivering on time.

RikkTheGaijin
Heroic Explorer

Peejle said:

Luke in Support contacted me. Could be shipped as late as May 12. Six weeks after the original March 28 date I was given when I ordered in first 5 minutes. No explanation. All three of the RIft launches were delayed but I took the first two in stride. This one is harder to take being the Commercial version and with their direct competition delivering on time.

You must be new here...

Anonymous
Not applicable

wereman said:

Why didn't you keep the Rift for the touch controllers later? They might be supported with some of the current Vive exclusives and then the only real difference would be quality/longevity.

By the time Touch comes out, and reviews make it a must have, then i'll pick up a Rift again. But like I said, it wasn't my cup of tea. I felt nothing new with it, other than an upgraded DK2. Me being impatient, I want a new experience now. 

Cmndr-Hill
Expert Protege
Image result for veruca salt i want it now

Lemming1970
Rising Star

Peejle said:

You sure about that? Seem to remember a little announcement about delays!
Modded Coolermaster RC-1000 Cosmos/1000W Corsair HX Series i7 6700k o/c to 4.7ghz Corsair H100i water cooler. Zotac 1080Ti 16 gb DDR4 o/c to 3000mhz Predator XB271HU 27" 2560x1440 IPS G-Sync 165Hz