cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I see pixels

StiX
Level 2
Does anyone also experience this? I tried to tune the devkit, changed A lenses to B and C, but nothing helps. The pixels are huge!
20 REPLIES 20

ftarnogol
Level 2
We all knew this from the get go. The panel is 720p split in 2. Add this to a ~110 FoV, then you get pixels a-hoy! :lol:

SiggiG
Level 4
Why is this a surprise? Everyone knew the res was going to be low and Oculus has been upfront about that since the start.
This is a developer kit meant to get us started making VR games, not a consumer product.
CCP Games, EVE: Valkyrie developer | @SiggiGG

atavener
Level 2
Better than "I see dead pixels."

DvdManiac
Level 2
"atavener" wrote:
Better than "I see dead pixels."

Haha. Perfect.

sth
Level 2

VisualKnight
Level 2
Most emulators I run are 320x240 or 352x240... so less than 640x800 per eye is an upgrade for me. :mrgreen:

StiX
Level 2
I knew about resolution, but i didn't expected pixels will be so huge. They are the problem - my eyes keep focusing on them and on the virtual world, causing headache. A minute in Rift and I have 3 hours of headache and eyeache. I don't have to move - just put the dev kit on my head.

sobchak
Level 2
"StiX" wrote:
I knew about resolution, but i didn't expected pixels will be so huge. They are the problem - my eyes keep focusing on them and on the virtual world, causing headache. A minute in Rift and I have 3 hours of headache and eyeache. I don't have to move - just put the dev kit on my head.

Sounds like the tech is up to your expectations or requirements at the moment 😞 Others don't appear to be so effected.

StiX
Level 2
Others don't appear to be so effected.

Thats, what i've wanted to hear. Seems like my personal perception problem.