cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I suppose this is old news? Set up Rift + Touch now to unlock free apps, games, and experiences

dinan5m3
Level 3
Hello,

In the Oculus program to setup the Rift "S" with Touch, i'm greeted with following screen (screenshot below).

Once setup of my Rift "S" with Touch completed, i restarted the Oculus program.

And in my Library i do not see any free apps or games added.

I suppose the message i was greeted with about unlocking free stuffs, do not apply to me or to current time for users setting up Rift "S" with Touch ?

For those that did manage to get free stuffs, what were they?

I did find Oculus support page that mentions free stuffs like Robo Recall, Oculus Medium, Quill and Dead and Buried, but that page also mentions the non-S Rift with Touch.

tgfodzigv7nx.jpg

Thanks much.
18 REPLIES 18

DaftnDirect
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Hi @dinan5m3 the games should appear in the 'not installed' section of your library and show as 'Free' in the store, instead of the price showing (I assume that screenshot was taken before you setup).

If both those things aren't happening, you'll need to send a ticket to support and they'll check your account setup.

Intel 5820K OC@4Ghz, Titan X (Maxwell), 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v20H2 (19042.964)

kojack
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
The free things with Touch was only for the Rift CV1 (Touch used to be optional so they gave some stuff for free with it if you bought them). It shouldn't be showing that notification if you have a Rift-S.
As far as I know anyway.
Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

DaftnDirect
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
mmm yeah come to think of it the Rift-S only gets Quill and Medium now.... or at least it did, I assume that's still the case. After Medium was bought by Adobe, that could have changed...  maybe someone else who's bought the Rift-S recently can confirm?

Intel 5820K OC@4Ghz, Titan X (Maxwell), 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v20H2 (19042.964)

dinan5m3
Level 3
Thank you folks for the responses.

I do not see anything anywhere in my Library section to show i have free stuffs.

And these titles, go there and they are showing as not free.

I'm concluding here that Rift S + Touch currently has no freebie promo.

dburne
Level 16

dinan5m3 said:

I do not see anything anywhere in my Library section to show i have free stuffs.

That is probably a fair conclusion.
Rift CV1| Rift S| Quest| Reverb G2| Index

RuneSR2
Level 16

kojack said:

The free things with Touch was only for the Rift CV1 (Touch used to be optional so they gave some stuff for free with it if you bought them). It shouldn't be showing that notification if you have a Rift-S.
As far as I know anyway.

The best thing I ever bought:

1oum7fpyalbp.jpg

Rekindles the feeling just looking at the box  ❤️ Robo Recall and Lucky's Tale (latter not on the box) were simply awesome. Never seen anything just remotely like it - well, not sure I have now  B) 

Lucky's Tale is still second to none. Same goes for Robo Recall. 

Valve Index & Oculus Rift CV1, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 8TB
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

OmegaM4N
Level 11

dinan5m3 said:

Check the games themselves on the store, if i remember correclty even with the Cv1 you had to go to the game on the store and claim it for it to appear in your library, so might be worth a look.

snowdog
Level 16
Did you buy your Rift S new or second hand? If you bought it second hand you won't be able to claim the free games if the previous owner claimed them before you bought it.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

dinan5m3
Level 3

snowdog said:

Did you buy your Rift S new or second hand? If you bought it second hand you won't be able to claim the free games if the previous owner claimed them before you bought it.

Bought brand new from Best Buy.

Hrm, didn't think that Best Buy would sell used as new.

I suppose i can call into support to verify whether my Rift S bought new from Best Buy is really new.

OmegaM4N said:

dinan5m3 said:

Check the games themselves on the store, if i remember correclty even with the Cv1 you had to go to the game on the store and claim it for it to appear in your library, so might be worth a look.

Yes, i went to those supposedly free games in the store and they are showing for me as "not" free but has dollar amounts to them.

Doesn't sound like there is anyone that replied that purchased Rift "S" in recent time (in last 3 months or so) and was able to get free stuffs.