cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I would like to know if it is possible to downgrade the oculus link, and if so, how to do it.

yamatomy
Honored Guest

My PC's CPU is an intel(R) core(TM) i5-3470 CPU @ 3.20GHz.
It is a little low to use the oculus link, but it worked in previous versions. However, with some updates some time ago, the audio became strange (always choppy), the link crashed suddenly, and I often lost connection with oculus quest.

So I think that downgrading the oculus link will fix this problem. Perhaps a better CPU in my PC would fix it, but I don't want to spend the money and time it would take to do that.

11 REPLIES 11

I disagree, if he ever got link to work on a 3470, it was a miracle it's not supported and never was. Not even for 1st gen CV1.

I understand there are issues with V25 and 26. I don't think his issues will be sorted they get it fixed. 

For the record I always have and still do support the idea of users having more control over the updates, when we receive them and even the ability to defer them or go back to one that works best. Some of us has asked for that since CV1 was new. 

So if the underlying question is can you go back to an older runtime version. Not officially, possibly if a back-up from Sidequest was made you can restore it but would just reinstall unless you denied Quest internet access. 

Thinking about it, there is a way to install from the boot menu with ADB, there were downloads available for a few older versions that could possibly be loaded up again. Again I would think it would just reinstall 26 unless offline.   

Gigabyte  AB350 Ryzen 2700x, 32gb ddr 4 3200, 2080ti. HP Reverb G2, Index controllers, Quest 1 and 2x Quest 2. 65" 3DTV HD3D DLP projector.

ohgrant
Superstar

I don't know how you'd be able to stop it from updating but here is the video about sideloading the update to V23, there is a download link in the description for the V23 firmware.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQxIsQMRpg4

Gigabyte  AB350 Ryzen 2700x, 32gb ddr 4 3200, 2080ti. HP Reverb G2, Index controllers, Quest 1 and 2x Quest 2. 65" 3DTV HD3D DLP projector.