cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I would like to share sensor error solusion.

inovator
Consultant
I was going crazy with sensor errors. When I got my Rift last June I had n occasional sensor problem but it got worse over time. When I stopped using my front 3.0 usbs I stopped having that problem. A computer tech told me  that the front usb is connected indirectly and the best connection is directly into the board in the back. This wont solve all problems of course but it may help a few people
8 REPLIES 8

zoenphlux
Honored Guest
Hmm, I planned to use one of the front USB connections.  I also have an Add-on usb 3 card  in another system I can use if needed.  I guess I'll remember this when my rift arrives next week.  Thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Probably depends on how many devices are running off that usb header the front port is connected to.

Bruno_BGP
Explorer
I discconected all my usb devices and changed ports to a 2.0 and nothing woks for me.

EliteSPA
Superstar

inovator said:

I was going crazy with sensor errors. When I got my Rift last June I had n occasional sensor problem but it got worse over time. When I stopped using my front 3.0 usbs I stopped having that problem. A computer tech told me  that the front usb is connected indirectly and the best connection is directly into the board in the back. This wont solve all problems of course but it may help a few people

Depends on your motherboard chipset compatibility, Oculus is working hard with 3rd partys companys to get drivers for it. You can always add the inatek pci card for the sensors but not for the rift it self.
i7 6700K @ 4.2 GHz | Corsair 16GB DDR4 PC2300 | GTX 1080 Ti | Asus z170-Pro | Corsair RGB Strafe Keyboard | Logitech G27 | Oculus CV1 + Touch + 4 Sensors | Win 10 64 bit | Acer Predator x34 @ 100Hz

inovator
Consultant
20usb is only supposed to be used with a 3rd sensor.

EliteSPA
Superstar

inovator said:

20usb is only supposed to be used with a 3rd sensor.

Yes 3rd and 4th sensor need to be connected to USB 2.0
i7 6700K @ 4.2 GHz | Corsair 16GB DDR4 PC2300 | GTX 1080 Ti | Asus z170-Pro | Corsair RGB Strafe Keyboard | Logitech G27 | Oculus CV1 + Touch + 4 Sensors | Win 10 64 bit | Acer Predator x34 @ 100Hz

Anonymous
Not applicable

EliteSPA said:

inovator said:

You can always add the inatek pci card for the sensors but not for the rift it self.

Curious as to this statement? I am running two sensors and my Rift on the Innatek card and do not have any apparent issues? Everything has been running very smooth for me, even in 1.11 when we were on that version of the software.
I got the Rift in late Jan. and added Touch in middle of Feb.

ParadiseDecay
Rising Star

Bruno_BGP said:

I discconected all my usb devices and changed ports to a 2.0 and nothing woks for me.

Have you tried turning the windows auto power settings to OFF on all your USB ports? Also my Router/Wifi was giving me a lot of problems.
☆ YouTube 'Content Creator' and 'Steam Curator' ( https://www.youtube.com/user/ParadiseDecay ) ☆ Devs! I'm always on the look out for new and interesting VR experiences! ☆ Oculus Rift CV1 ☆ Windows 10, 64 bit ☆ Intel Core i7-3770 ☆ 16.0GB Ram ☆ GeForce GTX 1060