cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I would recommend a Vive for Roomscale, Tired of USB issues, Tired of HMD disconnects...

Maxxgold
Rising Star
  Ok, I said it. You know a lot of you are already thinking it. Especially if you paid for the 3rd sensor.

The USB nightmares are just ridiculous. I purchased the Inateck card and bought all the recommended cables, and guess what? I have daily issues with sensors cutting out, sound cutting out, and the HMD cutting out.

I can change ports, and enable and disable playback sound, and get everything working, and I can get in long play sessions without any issues, but I'm thinking there just shouldn't be this many issues. Especially when I can go visit my friend and play games on the VIVE with ZERO issues. 

I'm not selling my Rift, I love it, but if I were to recommend room-scale to someone, there is no way I could tell someone to buy a Rift. I'm tech savvy, so I can deal with it. I feel terrible for those people who aren't tech savvy, and they spent close to one thousand dollars, to get shit on.

I finally decided this when my friend told me he spent 110 dollars on this USB card that has separate processors for each USB-port. I was thinking " hey I'll pick up this 110 dollar USB card to solve my USB problems." Then I came to my senses and was like, " why the hell should I spend another 110 dollars!!!"

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00XPUHO10/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=296R0JAB3VFJH&col...

TLDR: if you want room-scale, save yourself time and money and buy a Vive. If you want room-scale and you buy a Rift, even with approved products, you will be constantly having issues.
45 REPLIES 45

XlordB
Adventurer
well thats 5 mins of my life wasted reading this crap. lol!! 😄 merry xmas fekers !! :pensive:

Maxxgold
Rising Star
Obviously this thread went to hell. Lock it whenever you like.

Lemming1970
Rising Star
You still haven't answer the simplest and most obvious question. As you are recommending the VIVE for room scale after having issue with your rift. Have you actually tried the VIVE on your P.C.?

It's a simple yes or no answer.
Modded Coolermaster RC-1000 Cosmos/1000W Corsair HX Series i7 6700k o/c to 4.7ghz Corsair H100i water cooler. Zotac 1080Ti 16 gb DDR4 o/c to 3000mhz Predator XB271HU 27" 2560x1440 IPS G-Sync 165Hz

Maxxgold
Rising Star

You still haven't answer the simplest and most obvious question. As you are recommending the VIVE for room scale after having issue with your rift. Have you actually tried the VIVE on your P.C.?

It's a simple yes or no answer.

Lol, Because all of the threads on these issues would lead you or anyone to blame my PC. Behold my PC. I love my Rift. If you read through my post you would see that. No, the post like I accurately called it was a failed troll. Unfortunately, people like yourself are easily fooled.
0ksryl8fd04n.jpg
9kbr3tuyprte.jpg

Lemming1970
Rising Star
Having something shiny on the wall proves nothing.

Like I said it's a bloody simple question have you tried it on your p.c.

Modded Coolermaster RC-1000 Cosmos/1000W Corsair HX Series i7 6700k o/c to 4.7ghz Corsair H100i water cooler. Zotac 1080Ti 16 gb DDR4 o/c to 3000mhz Predator XB271HU 27" 2560x1440 IPS G-Sync 165Hz

Maxxgold
Rising Star

Having something shiny on the wall proves nothing.

Like I said it's a bloody simple question have you tried it on your p.c.

It proves I have a bad ass pc, so I wouldn't say it proves nothing : )

TwoHedWlf
Expert Trustee
Proves you have led fans and have a case nailed to your wall. About it.

But yes the hdmi and usb stability/compatibility has huge room for improvement. 

Mr_Creepy
Rising Star

Maxxgold said:

It's not my PC. Thousands of people with recommended specs are having issues and you are talking about my pc. Classic.

Thousands of people having these issues, that seems like a random guess based of a few reddit and Oculus forum posts? I'm not saying there is no issue, but even if there is, it happens. Vive owners have also had issues getting shit to function.

flexy123
Superstar
Go people and buy the crappy "Inateck" card. Buy more. You know you want.
How long will it take until people realize this card doesn't actually work right? How many threads more do we need about this? 90% of problem threads about USB mention this card. Hardly a coincidence.

I also think to remember that I read that only 2 or so ports of the Inateck 7 port card actually have the good chipset, the other 5 don't. The card with the 5 ports however is "supposed" to run ok.

pertm
Protege
A pc on the wall... who does that?!?!?