cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Idea for a way to listen to music in virtual reality

DollSyndrome
Level 3
Similar to the idea of emuvr, what if there was a way to listen to music in virtual reality where you could take your digital files and display them in an environment as vinyl records or cds that you could then insert into a turntable or cd player in orders to initiate playback.
This would be pretty awesome and I have been wishing this would exist since back during the DK1 days.
So far it looks like no one has made anything like this, so I'm putting the idea out here in the hopes that someone will see this and create it for me ^_^
3 REPLIES 3

MowTin
Level 11
Right now in Oculus Home you can add a TV to your space and broadcast stuff on your desktop through that TV. You  could put on Spotify. They added an arcade machine too. 

They should add a stereo or like you suggest record player. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xI1J4hb1_QA
i7 9700k 2080ti   CV1, Rift-S, Index, G2

ElusiveMarlin
Level 7
Whenever I try and broadcast anything with audio in my home, I get an message stating that "my current configuration does now support audio playback"

Odd, as I have audio in my home and in all games I play???
RIFT CV1
RIFT S
Leeds, UK.

Intel Core i7 7700K 3.7GHz | RAM 32GB DDR4 2666MHz | GeForce GTX 1080 8GB |

"Behind every mask there is a face, and behind that a story...."

LuluViBritannia
Level 9
Personnally, I just use Virtual Desktop and ITunes. Now VD has many audio options, so it sounds great.
Or just use Oculus Desktop in a small app where you can change the environment (like Google Earth : you pick a place you like, go there and open Oculus Desktop to use Spotify or any other music app).
Hyped for the Quest 2!

My hopes for VR next gen:
- Full Body Tracking. Come on, Oculus!
- Eye tracking with foveated rendering. Must reduce the power needs!
- More big-scale games. I need a true VRMMORPG!
- Bigger community.

"If you don't mind, do you want me to take you there? Where dreams come true."