cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If you don't own Elite Dangerous, Alien and Assetto Corsa th

PIM1
Honored Guest
I really don't think vr is for you. I am so enjoying my Dk2 with said games and spend time listening to vr podcasts in my spare time. I have noticed that people like Rev Kyle and other podcasts don't seem to play these games. Rev Kyle said on his last podcast that he has no interest in Elite which I find crazy as its one of the best vr experiences available.

I own all three games plus a fanatec CSR wheel and built my PC in the summer especially vfor DK2. I will be adding a tactile transducer for added reliasim very soon as vr has forced me to try and make my simulation as close to reality as possible. I understand that its not cheap to do these things but the desire doesn't seem to be there from these people that are so into vr. This is a rant but I just don't think vr can offer much more than a good car game, flying/space game or first person game similar to aliens etc. What else can it do? Yet some people are not into those games.
22 REPLIES 22

saviornt
Protege
Not flaming, but that is a pretty simple minded statement. Just because someone doesn't have any interest in one genre of game, then then he doesn't like all of gaming? This is what you're saying tbh.

But I agree in the fact that Elite: Dangerous is probably one of the better full games with VR support. But, honestly, that isn't saying much! There are only what.. 3 games that have official VR support? Alien: Isolation doesn't have VR officially supported (it's a hack).
Current WIPs using Unreal Engine 4: Agrona - Tales of an Era: Medieval Fantasy MORPG

harmania
Honored Guest
Buy him elite dangerous and I'm sure he will try it 😄

PIM1
Honored Guest
What I am saying is the best vr experience is going to come from these types of games (or watching stuff on a big screen in which a note vr would be best device).

So if you don't like these games then I just don't know what's left to play. I am not saying only these games but the style of play etc. Vr is all about being taken to another place that u can't do or fear doing in real life. I don't get why someone would have a dk2 with a strong GPU and not be into these games. I was listening to left handed podcast and they were saying Assetto corsa was meh but during the conversation they said they only played it with a joypad, I mean come on what's the point. Its full immersion or go home. For example I can't play manual gears on Assetto corsa as I am from UK and all their cars are left handed drive so the gear stick is on the wrong side so it takes me out of it.

harmania
Honored Guest
Yeah I agree with your point. I dont see them doing anything else with their DK2 then developing, if they dont play games. And those 3 games are currently only good/big VR games when it comes to game content and rifts ability to work there.

VizionVR
Rising Star
"PIM1" wrote:
What else can it do?

Seriously?
Not a Rift fanboi. Not a Vive fanboi. I'm a VR fanboi. Get it straight.

PIM1
Honored Guest
Well what else can it do ?

twingo557
Honored Guest
Think I would have to agree with vizionvr.

I assume you are just trolling.

WhelanWeb
Honored Guest
Their is a lot more to VR then just games guys.

But if your focused on games have you tried, Affected, HL2,TF2, Time Rifters, EuroTruck,New Retro Arcade, Qbeh-1,Crashed Lander,Lunar Flight, Ciess I could go on.

Outside games social VR is big with VR Chat, Riftmax and Janus VR.

Education experiences like from Ashes, Titans of Space, VR Universe, Solar System explorer, VR ( Hip Replacement )

Music and Relaxation experiences like Eden River, Senza Peso, VR Disco things ( cant remember name )

VR Tourism: Many demos already available to visualize famous buildings and apartments that are just concepts for now.

Other then the above your right, I haven't used my Rift for anything other then driving or space sims 😉
Got a game in development or a cool piece of VR tech you want to show off? We are looking for demos, trailers and all things VR. Just send us a mail and we would be more than happy to feature it on our site. http://www.virtualrealityreviewer.com

Protocol7
Heroic Explorer
No Limits 2 is also great in the rift, they recently added official support. I haven't tried Elite Dangerous yet, but I surely will.