cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Important for new users - if you think your posts were deleted or failed to get through

kojack
MVP
MVP
Users on this forum can be either unverified or verified. New users start as unverified.
Any unverified user has every post inspected by the automatic spam filter. If it thinks a post might be spam, it gets put into a special queue for moderators or admins to check. The actual rules of the filter aren't something I have access to, but things like posting links to external sites (even the main oculus site) or certain keywords can trigger it.

If the forum is telling you a post wasn't approved, please don't keep reposting it. We have to manually verify each one in case they weren't all identical (and the UI for that sucks, it's a 4cm wide column of raw html).

Generally deleting posts on here is a last resort action. The odds are that if a post you made went missing:
- It got caught by the spam filter. It will come back when one of us checks.
- It got moved to another board (like developer questions). It should still be in your personal post list.

When we check the spam queue, we verify users with legit posts, so you won't get caught again.

Also note for other users: if you see somebody repeat a post multiple times, it's probably because we verified their account but haven't yet gone over every post to check for duplicates. Don't blame the user.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2
21 REPLIES 21

KlodsBrik
Expert Trustee
So im not going crazy. ty

You know when you feel like:

Be good, die great !

CrashFu
Consultant
I really don't envy our volunteer moderator team right now.  They simply aren't paying you guys enough to deal with all of this.  :wink:

Especially all the people who create an account and skip straight to the "new thread" button without looking to see if there are already threads identical to the one they're about to make.  :grimace:
It's hard being the voice of reason when you're surrounded by unreasonable people.

Anonymous
Not applicable
So if you're a New User waiting to be "Very fried", you may like to wait in this errr lobby where you can sit back and relax to KPOP and METAL music 😉
https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/45686/the-music-thread#latest

cybershrapnel
Protege
THIS IS CENSORSHIP AND AN ATTEMPT TO HIDE THE ISSUES THAT ARE HAPPENING. If what you said above is true i would suggest turning off the spam filters and manually maintaining the forums until the hype dies down!!!

kojack
MVP
MVP

THIS IS CENSORSHIP AND AN ATTEMPT TO HIDE THE ISSUES THAT ARE HAPPENING. If what you said above is true i would suggest turning off the spam filters and manually maintaining the forums until the hype dies down!!!

adyrsfco9kw9.gif

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

Lethal_Aims
Adventurer
Thanks for the explanation. As a new user I fell found of this. At the time I was posting from an iPad which makes it easy to miss the fact that your post requires moderation. I think the on-screen keyboard covers the message.

A spam filter which flags internal links to it's own domain sounds misconfigured to me and is just generating work for the mods. However, I appreciate that this is not in their control.

bauuubass
Explorer
Thanks for the info. Useful to know if something like that happens. 

nalex66
MVP
MVP
We try to clear the spam queue regularly, but with so many new users lately, a lot of posts get caught. There has also been a lot of actual spam the past several weeks, which further clogs up the system. 

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

Jonny-Yarko
Explorer
Blimey, they must think i'm spamming now . . thought my message didn't get through so tried about 8 times to post . . ooopps !