cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Information about the Tracking

VRTrinca
Honored Guest
Hi, i play vr since i think the beginning of cv1 and i have upgraded over the year to a 5 camera + 3 controller for the ingame camera. I have recently purchase the new quest 2 because of the improved graphics and the hate about third party solution for wireless vr (hope new quest2 over the air is coming)
So my question is about the tracking, in particular the Full Body one.
I know that the new controller and the old one are not compatible and they use different system to work, so in my mind came up the idea to use the old cv1 controllers as "trackers" like the one used for the Vive. I have still my full camera setup up so i would like to know if there is a way (maybe not inside the oculus app but in the steam one or else) to see those controller and "merge" the 2 tracking system. All the calibration and other things like the "support" of the old trackers are easy with a 3d printer and alot of patience but for the software one i'm like lost at all.

If u have some information about this, or maybe a different solution let me know 
Regards,
Trinca
2 REPLIES 2

kojack
MVP
MVP
The Oculus runtime can only run a single headset at once. When you activate the Quest 2 Link, the CV1 and its cameras are shut down, you can't have both run at once.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

emelyb
Explorer
I have oculus. work great.