cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is everyone going to just sit pretty about these black screen issues?

bp_michael
Honored Guest
I'm going through thread after thread looking for help to get my CV1 working again and just finding dead threads with the same questions and answers.

Anytime an Oculus member steps in they say to make a support ticket. I made one previously and they just ask you to do the same stuff that every one is mentioning in these threads. I am slowly losing hope in Oculus as time goes on with this. There's no progress on this issue and it seems as though oculus support has no need to even actually talk with any of us about it.

24 REPLIES 24

Anonymous
Not applicable
so if it's dead do they ask u to send it back or not?

cybereality
Grand Champion
Are you on Nvidia? If so, please use driver 388.59. Newer drivers may have black screens. Also, I'm sure we can help with your ticket. It just that we need to cover the basics, like getting logs, etc. to determine what the issue is. Thanks.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

bp_michael
Honored Guest

Rolz said:

so if it's dead do they ask u to send it back or not?

Yea they have asked to send it back and I held out for a bit because they wanted a CC on file and when I asked why the person I was talking to suddenly stopped responding but I just said screw it and added it so I can hopefully send it in tomorrow.

This also wouldn't be something I had to do if oculus didn't tell resellers like bestbuy that they can not accept returns on the rift. Seriously the worst thing possible considering they are barely doing anything to help fight the problems existing with the headsets right now. 

bp_michael
Honored Guest

Are you on Nvidia? If so, please use driver 388.59. Newer drivers may have black screens. Also, I'm sure we can help with your ticket. It just that we need to cover the basics, like getting logs, etc. to determine what the issue is. Thanks.

I have done this and still had the black screen, also went through the troubleshooting process in a ticket and finished it with sending the logs in and was told to send it in. I plugged it in today and it worked until I plugged the sensors in and now I can't do anything to get it work again even with the sensors unplugged again.

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Are you on the opt in to beta ? If yes try classic on the roll back. Seen some people having success on Facebook ??? They saying dash was the issue but who knows mate 😞
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

bigmike20vt
Visionary
are you getting red usb issues under devices?
do you have an inatek/fresco  usb 3 card?
if so uninstall the drivers and use the december 2017 MS ones. it fixed my issue.
Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

LZoltowski
Champion
The black screen issue is Nvidia related in many cases, it is listed as a current issue on their official forums as well as community Reddit. It affects both VIVE and Rift. It doesn't affect all users.

I, for example, have no issues with the latest driver.
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
I thought mine was a driver issue. It's actually the cable which over time has become twisted. This results in black screen and needs a little nudge to fix. The replacement cable cost is something I am not prepared to pay at the moment, but I fear I will have to soon enough or just buy a new rift/two sensors and touch for the same price as the replacement cable. 😛

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.

falken76
Expert Consultant

I'm going through thread after thread looking for help to get my CV1 working again and just finding dead threads with the same questions and answers.

Anytime an Oculus member steps in they say to make a support ticket. I made one previously and they just ask you to do the same stuff that every one is mentioning in these threads. I am slowly losing hope in Oculus as time goes on with this. There's no progress on this issue and it seems as though oculus support has no need to even actually talk with any of us about it.

So it's Standard Operation of Practice like everywhere else then?  They're having you go through the troubleshooting process like every single other support desk does.  If they can't fix it and you are still under warranty you'll be told to do an RMA.  I got an RMA for a defective HDMI connection, I had to do the same things everyone told me to try because support didn't know I'd been through it all.  But in the end, they did an exchange for me and it was fast enough.