cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it safe to charge Oculus Quest 2 with a US to UK adapter?

hazelNUTX
Explorer

I'm traveling to the UK and would like to bring my Oculus Quest 2 but want to make sure using a US to UK electric adapter to charge it there won't damage it. Does anyone know for sure if it's Ok? The last time I was there I assumed it was Ok and ended up frying an electronic device the moment I plugged it in. Thanks! 

4 REPLIES 4

Hi @hazelNUTX , have a look at the power supply that came with your Quest 2. The UK one (as with most power supplies these days) states an input voltage range of 100-240V and I assume that's the same for the US version, in which case, there's no problem using your US power supply in the UK with a travel adaptor.

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

Ya, I remember doing the same thing years ago with a 110v hairdryer plugged into a 220v socket, lol! 

Just look at the fine print on the socket-side of your Q2 adapter and you'll see it is 110/240v, 50/60Hz rated so you will be fine using this in the UK with a simple wall socket adapter.

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Thank you! I really appreciate it. 

Thanks so much! This is very helpful.