cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a list of common Rift sensors or headset errors anywhere?

phoenixdigital
Heroic Explorer

I posted this on reddit but didn't really get much traction so though here might be a better place to ask. If support would be kind enough to provide a list of the biggest sensor error complaints we might be able to create a wiki somewhere that might help reduce the number of support tickets.

We need a definitive list in the FAQ of all the different sensor errors, their likely causes and solutions. I'm seeing a lot of questions about sensors errors lately on reddit and it would be good to be able to direct people to a page in the wiki about them. In most cases these errors are normal and don't affect the experience but it is obvious that people get frustrated seeing them when using their Rift. This list might help give them some peace of mind and not fret over something that wont impact their experience in any meaningful way.

The obvious one I see a lot of questions about is the wireless sync timeout which is mostly a non issue which only happens when people move their headset too far from one or more sensors. The headset sends out a wireless sync signal to keep all the sensors in sync. This error usually only happens when the user has their headset in one corner of a large playspace (ie at their desk) When they move back into their playspace this error normally goes away. Another possible cause is people using wifi cards or APs near their sensor which interferes with the sync signal.

Ref: https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/46879/cybereality-what-is-wireless-sync-timed-out

If anyone knows of any more post them here and we can build a wiki from them.

Support are you willing to share anything that might make your life a bit easier?

CPU: i5 6600K (conservative overclock), GPU: Asus GTX1080Ti (not overclocked), motherboard: Asus Z170 Pro Gaming, USB Card 1: Inatek 4 Port, USB Card 2: Startek 2 Port
0 REPLIES 0