cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this why there is no Resident Evil 7 VR on PC?

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
It seems Sony are well aware of the pulling power of the RE7 exclusive on PSVR and are now including the demo in an upcoming demo pack. PSVR Demo Compilation 3 which has been rated by the PEGI
ratings board for Europe. The pack includes -  Astro Bot Rescue Mission  ,SUPERHOT VR and Resident Evil 7.

I believe Sony might have extended their exclusivity with Capcom because let's face it, for adults it's a system seller. Interestingly there are other games they could include in this demo pack but decide to choose RE7 which is how old now?  Sony is milking that exclusivity they paid for which in my view lessens any hope for a PC version.

😕

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.
1 REPLY 1

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yup, could be. Or it could just be that the Capcom management is clueless like the majority of people making bad decisions in the industry.

Bethesda and Fallout 76 is another classic example of bad decisions. Anyone with any sense could see that this idea was doomed to fail, and the people making these decisions get paid 6 or 7 figures every year.

The Acquisitions Department that used to work at Eidos are another bunch of wankers that didn't have a clue - they decided that Escape From Bug Island was a great idea and turned their noses up at BioShock and Fallout 3. You REALLY couldn't make this shit up lol