cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Jason Rubin in Oculus, Sony not a competition. What if...

RonsonPL
Level 7
Hi

(If you're inpatient, skip to last part ;])

I was wondering:

- If Rubin is working for Oculus now
- If Sony's relationship with Oculus is good, they both say they're not a competition to each other
- if Rubin is still in good relationship with his friends left in Naughty Dog
- if 3D platformers turned out to be a good idea for VR (see: Lucky's Tale reception)

You probably know by now, where am I going with this ๐Ÿ˜‰

Naughty Dog has some great IP frozen in their desk. They don't have either the time, or possibility to make the sequel, since they're busy with Uncharted and TLoU sequels, or like they said - any other game focused on the story. They tried but (my guess is because of the absence of Jason Rubin) they couldn't create the whole shape of the new game for that almost forgotten IP.
The IP is Jak and Daxter.

WHAT IF Oculus, after success of Lucky's Tale, would like to create even better 3D platform games. This time a real bomb. What if Rubin could help them talk with Naughty Dog. What if ND could lend them the IP (Jak&Daxter). What if Sony agreed in exchange for changing the game from "Rift exclusive" to "Rift and Morpheus exclusive".
What if Jak&Daxter was created in full 3D and VR.
What if?
๐Ÿ˜›

PS. I really hope it's not going to be created only for Morpheus, since the lack of low persistence in this genre is destroying more than half of fun I get from playing such games.
Not an Oculus hater, but not a fan anymore. Still lots of respect for the team-Carmack, Abrash. Oculus is driven by big corporation principles now. That brings painful effects already, more to come in the future. This is not the Oculus I once cheered for.
0 REPLIES 0