cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

John Carmack warns about fanbois like Zenbane (did Zuckerberg overpay for carmack and crew?)

AtariVR
Protege
  1. https://twitter.com/ID_AA_Carmack/status/879027160379523072
    I think carmack knows his downfall is coming, that he is soon to be kicked to the curb.  In an effort to prepare all his fanbois heads from exploding when this sacred cow is slaughtered, he is preparing them to accept he is not a GOD or KING as zenbane claims, just a fallible man who gets fired or goes to jail like any normal human when he gets caught breaking the law, stealing, and lying, endangering young kids at schools he is trying to break into with thermite, etc etc Ripping off VR tools and stealing files like nate Mitchell when and just too dumb not to get caught.

https://www.fasterthan.life/blog/2017/6/25/there-are-no-gods
    Putting someone on a pedestal is a disservice to yourself and to the person you're idolizing.  You will never match or exceed them, because you always hold them above you.  Likewise they will most likely disappoint you because they have to compete with an image you have composed of them in your own head.  In the end, this only suffices to further a divide which becomes more difficult to cross.  Intimidation will mount and bitterness will grow.  (Zenbane, I think this was directed at you, you must let this king worship of Carmack go, it is causing problems inside you to see reality and his ultimate downfall will bring you so much pain and dissapointment)
  1. Replying to @_Humus_ @ID_AA_Carmack
  2. I don't know if you recall John, but that time in 2006(?) when I visited Id and got to sit down with you and present the upcoming DX10 API, 
  1. it was huge revelation to me, as it become apparent that I actually knew more than you about some stuff, which was really empowering.
Mark Zuckerberg might have wished to talk to Emil Persson before paying 2 billion dollars over a weekend in all the hype to buy oculus, how carmack was no god, even this guy as far back as 2006 said carmack was waning, and being surpassed, no god or king like zenbane still wishes to believe.  This might have helped Zuckerberg with later lawsuits where that 2 billion is now the basis for all kinds of legal claims.  I still stand by my belief, the sooner carmack, iribe, and nate Mitchell are GONE, the better for the rest of us and facebook.

https://twitter.com/PalmerLuckey/status/878542442298957826 ; Meanwhile the former GOD palmer has been reduced to arguing with Violet Blue about edits on an article calling him a white racist scumbag.  This paragon of VIRTUE telling us all about ETHICS on his twitter - LOL!  Him just burned in court for all those lies, stealing, breaking contracts, etc - wow at the hypocrisy of my Padawan!
At least zenbane has let that sacred cow go.  I don't recall him being mad at palmer for all the Pepperidge farm stuff, ballparks and such, or fake accounts like nimblerichman (and who knows how many others) until long after he was fired by Mark.  Poor Zen, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhysLkKCWdc 🙂
15 REPLIES 15

nalex66
MVP
MVP

Zenbane said:

Edit:
The OP was banned while I was typing this. Can't have a one-sided callout battle.
/deleted

Oh, now I really want to read what you typed up!

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

nalex66 said:

Zenbane said:

Edit:
The OP was banned while I was typing this. Can't have a one-sided callout battle.
/deleted

Oh, now I really want to read what you typed up!

lol - the full version was up for maybe 2-3 minutes total. And, if I may say so myself, was some of my best work this year.

But since AtariVR did kinda help me get an early release, I figured I would extend him the courtesy of removing my comment. He would have ended up reading some hard-hitting stuff without the ability to reply. Normally I'd call that adding "salt to the wound" and relish in the Last Word glory; but in his case I made a heartfelt exception.

I'm sure there will be a next time tho 😉

inovator
Consultant
Atari vr where is all the hate coming from. How can I relax in vr knowing a fellow human being is so troubled. If you need help I can get you some referals. In the mean time take a deep breath, exhale slowly and sing that famous oldy, what the world needs now is love sweet love.

Stryker1000
Heroic Explorer

LOL ...OP ...I`m currently working on a contract with the NHS down our local nut farm... would you like me to see if I can get you an appointment with one of the shrinks ?... Coz I seriously think you are in need some sort of therapy .

Anonymous
Not applicable

inovator said:

Atari vr where is all the hate coming from. How can I relax in vr knowing a fellow human being is so troubled. If you need help I can get you some referals. In the mean time take a deep breath, exhale slowly and sing that famous oldy, what the world needs now is love sweet love.

Nah, this song is better!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHPOzQzk9Qo

B) 

inovator
Consultant
Perfect!