cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just ordered the 1080 Strix Oc'ed version, any comments?

maxpare79
Trustee
Super excited! Does one of you own the Strix and can comment? All the 1080s are a pain in the ass the get a hand on, except for the founders. I am looking at a 2 or 3 weeks delivery so if anyone wants to chime in on this specif card I would appreciate it, I still have the time to change my mind. My first choice wad the EVGA FTW, but we are now looking at a midi July delivery in Canada.
I am a spacesim/flightsim/racesim enthusiast first 🙂 I9 9900k@5.0, 32gb RAM/ 2080ti Former DK2, Gear VR,CV1 and Rift S owner
24 REPLIES 24

nalex66
MVP
MVP
Who did you order it from? I almost caved in and placed an over-priced order for the EVGA SC, but the lack of info on how long it could take stopped me.

Anyway, the STRIX looks like a nice card. Two HDMI outputs is nice if your monitor doesn't have DP, or if you have both a Rift and a Vive. I also like that it has a fan controller built in, so you can control a case fan based on the GPU temperature. I was considering the STRIX, but I think I want to stick with EVGA.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Want a comment ? Jammy git 😉
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

maxpare79
Trustee
@nalex66 Memoryexpress.com, I was told I was the first on the "online" waiting list, but then they received an email from their supplier that it would come in in 2 or 3 weeks. Don't know if there is an in-store list... The reddit threads about the shipping delay of the EVGAs got me looking at other options.

The Gigabyte xtreme was my second option because of the front VR Bay, but I never owned any Gigabyte products and from what I can tell their customer service is the worst..
I am a spacesim/flightsim/racesim enthusiast first 🙂 I9 9900k@5.0, 32gb RAM/ 2080ti Former DK2, Gear VR,CV1 and Rift S owner

nalex66
MVP
MVP
Hmmm, they've actually got a better price than NewEgg on the card I want. Do you know what the shipping cost is like? (*Edit: I see it's $9 flat shipping rate within Canada. Not bad.) So you're saying that you didn't have a delivery estimate until after placing your order? Did they take payment up front?

Sorry for the third degree, I just like to know a little more about a vendor I've never used before.

PravusJSB
Expert Protege
In the UK here and it's on pre-order with Amazon, no idea when it's in stock 😞

mbze430
Rising Star
I wonder when they will start taking pre-orders on 1080TI, I need two 😄
Ryzen 7 5800X3D | GSkill 32GB DDR4 | MSI RTX 4090 | Gigabyte Aorus X570 ITX | Samsung 980 Pro 2TB PCIe/NVMe

maxpare79
Trustee
@nalex66 Yeah they did charge up front (Ncix does it to) It sucks, but that's the price to pay to get it soon. Grand total was 970$CDN shipping included.

I buy from NCIX, Memory Express and Directcanada for my PC needs, they pretty much offer the same level of customer service, but I find Memory Express to respond to inquiries a lot faster then NCIX. 

Now on to my next dream 🙂 http://www.ncix.com/detail/asus-rog-swift-pg348q-34in-93-128253.htm
I will wait for a sale on this one lol

SpiceLife72
Adventurer
Got my MSI GTX 1080 Armor OC from www.scan.co.uk today :smiley:

nalex66
MVP
MVP

maxpare79 said:

Now on to my next dream 🙂 http://www.ncix.com/detail/asus-rog-swift-pg348q-34in-93-128253.htm
I will wait for a sale on this one lol

Nice. I considered one of those 34" super-wide curved monitors a couple weeks ago, but I settled on a 1440p 32" instead. No regrets here, it's a really nice screen.

Man, I'm tempted to go ahead and order my card from Memoryexpress just so I can stop scanning the web every day looking for stock. I just hate to hand over the cash without knowing how long it'll take. With my luck it'll show up in stock on NewEgg while my money is tied up with Memoryexpress, and I'll be stuck waiting.