cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keyboard + mouse

Johnbdx33
Level 2
Hi there,
I'm going to buy an oculus quest but I'd like to know if it's possible to play with my keyboard and mouse instead of the stickers?

Thanks
3 REPLIES 3

Pixie40
Level 9
Games specifically for the Oculus Quest use the Touch controllers. Same for games in the Rift store. However when you start getting into Steam VR, and non-VR games that support VR it gets more complicated. Some support using gamepads, some support the Touch Controller, some support both gamepads and touch controllers, and still others only support keyboard mouse.

That said, you can get a bluetooth keyboard and mouse to pair with your Quest. This makes surfing the internet a bit less of a pain while in VR. It also lets you play many non-vr games while in VR, assuming you're using a program that provides the ability to stream your desktop to the Quest. There's just something magical about playing The Sims 3 or Dungeons & Dragons Online: Stormreach on a cinema screen. ::smiley:
Lo, a quest! I seek the threads of my future in the seeds of the past.

jessglustien
Level 2

Pixie40 said:

Games specifically for the Oculus Quest use the Touch controllers. Same for games in the Rift store. However when you start getting into Steam VR, and non-VR games that support VR it gets more complicated. Some support using gamepads, some support the Touch Controller, some support both gamepads and touch controllers, and still others only support keyboard mouse.

That said, you can get a bluetooth keyboard and mouse to pair with your Quest. This makes surfing the internet a bit less of a pain while in VR. It also lets you play many non-vr games while in VR, assuming you're using a program that provides the ability to stream your desktop to the Quest. There's just something magical about playing The Sims 3 or Dungeons & Dragons Online: Stormreach on a cinema screen. ::smiley:

Which mouse were you able to get working with it? I want to set one up but I've seen mixed messages about whether they work or not and I want to get a model that I know will. 

Pixie40
Level 9

Pixie40 said:

Which mouse were you able to get working with it? I want to set one up but I've seen mixed messages about whether they work or not and I want to get a model that I know will. 

My bluetooth Microsoft Surface mouse, bought to use with my Surface Go. I then
have an Artech HB 192 bluetooth keyboard. I mostly use them when using
Virtual Desktop to stream my PC onto the quest while out of town. At
least, I was. Need to get myself a new Quest now since my old one is now
a Christmas present. Keep in mind that bluetooth pairing is still in beta. Or at least I think it is.

Lo, a quest! I seek the threads of my future in the seeds of the past.