cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Latest Large Space VR Experience

kevinw729
Honored Visionary
Another example of Artainment about to break onto the scene in Canada, with a VR experience called 'The Infinite' - covering some 25,000sq.,ft., and produced by Felix and Paul Studios, in conjunction with TIME magazine. The fully immersive VR experience, deploying Oculus Quest2 headsets, combines footage from the VR film, “Space Explorers: The ISS Experience” into the free-flowing space.

https://vrawards.aixr.org/ "The Out-of-Home Immersive Entertainment Frontier: Expanding Interactive Boundaries in Leisure Facilities" https://www.amazon.co.uk/Out-Home-Immersive-Entertainment-Frontier/dp/1472426959
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice! Probably back when I tried Mission ISS on my Rift that was the hardest on my stomach lol. It always kind of got to me.

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

But no Rift support? Apps with no PCVR support aren't exactly sky-high on my most wanted list 😉 

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

Anonymous
Not applicable

@RuneSR2 wrote:

But no Rift support? Apps with no PCVR support aren't exactly sky-high on my most wanted list 😉 

It would seem that is more designed for the out of home experience using the mobility of the Quest headset.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

It's a full 1-hour experience that lets you traverse over 12,000 sq ft. Wowsa! If they ever bring that experience to Texas, I would certainly try it. The reviews sound great and I love anything dealing with VR & Outer Space. Lone Echo is still the best VR experience I've had to date, a large part of that is being able to float through the rings of Saturn. But an experience like this has a chance to take the VR Space aspect to a whole new level.

I do love that they are using Quest 2 for this; as it just goes to show that we don't need a high-end machine with a high-end GPU and a high-end HMD in order to experience "the best" that VR has to offer. 😁