cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Left Hand Oculus Touch Model LX39EM

Lawwnnah
Level 2

I was looking for something related to how to use oculus touch controllers standalone on pc but i found people selling oculus touch controllers for a 100$USD the thing is that it was just the left one and it was titled GENUINE left-hand oculus touch controller LX39EM and I checked my controller and it had it too but why are people selling the model for hundreds 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

kojack
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator

Touch controllers have always had stock issues, until recently the Quest 2 controllers haven't been available in the US. So people selling on ebay (etc) can charge a bit more for the latest ones and a lot for the discontinued older ones.

Touch controllers can't be used purely stand alone on a PC. The communication protocol is non standard (regular bluetooth won't accept it), you must have the matching headset connected to act as the receiver, and the oculus software running.

But if you have the headset connected, you can use things like my AutoOculusTouch project to map touch controllers to keyboard/mouse/joystick. There's limits to what it can do when the headset isn't worn depending on model (they all behave slightly differently).

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

kojack
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator

Touch controllers have always had stock issues, until recently the Quest 2 controllers haven't been available in the US. So people selling on ebay (etc) can charge a bit more for the latest ones and a lot for the discontinued older ones.

Touch controllers can't be used purely stand alone on a PC. The communication protocol is non standard (regular bluetooth won't accept it), you must have the matching headset connected to act as the receiver, and the oculus software running.

But if you have the headset connected, you can use things like my AutoOculusTouch project to map touch controllers to keyboard/mouse/joystick. There's limits to what it can do when the headset isn't worn depending on model (they all behave slightly differently).

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2