cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Let us choose whether Oculus Home pauses downloads whilst in a game/app

DistractedSeagu
Honored Guest
One of the first things I've noticed with my CV1 is that it pauses my download if I decide to jump into something else. Please allow us to decide whether it should behave like this.

Have background downloading turned off by default if you really must, but please give us the option to do so.
7 REPLIES 7

DonkyBoY
Protege
This
Oculus CV1 room scale with 3 tracker's
i7 4790K @ 4.4Ghz with delid and Liquid metal ultra +Corsair H110i / MSI GTX1080Ti Sea Hawk / 32GB DDR3 @2400Mhz
(All rads running EK Furious Vardar F4 / F5 fans)
Sandisk Extreme for OS and Kingston SSD Now for games
Steam = http://steamcommunity.com/id/xgsdonkyboy
TS3 server = xgs.ts3.nz

cybereality
Grand Champion
We tried this early on and background downloading caused judder while gaming. Maybe now that ATW/ASW has matured this may not be a huge issue. but it was at one point.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

pyroth309
Visionary
Maybe put it as an option with a warning that it may cause Judder then for the lesser machines. I know personally I download stuff off steam while playing oculus games all the time with no issues caused. Would be nice to do the reverse. 

DonkyBoY
Protege
Thx for the quick reply Cybereality 😄

I never had any problems with my games juddering in the DK2 whilst downloading.
I quite often DL from Steam and other places while I play in VR with CV1 seems just fine to me.

Maybe it could be something to do with where or what the games are downloading to maybe.
I use SSD's for my VR games and have separate SSD for OS.

Maybe ye old spindle drives have problems perhaps.

(This is not proven in anyway I am just tossing idea's out there)
i7 4790K @ 4.4Ghz with delid and Liquid metal ultra +Corsair H110i / MSI GTX1080Ti Sea Hawk / 32GB DDR3 @2400Mhz
TS3 server = xgs.ts3.nz

gamertaboo
Honored Guest
Sorry to necro but any update on this? Seems like it was asked for quite a long time ago, I think we'd all still enjoy it. Make it a toggle in case it causes issue and there shouldn't be a problem? Thanks! 🙂

DonkyBoY
Protege
It would indeed still be nice if we could DL while playing.
TS3 server = xgs.ts3.nz

R0land
Protege
I would like the option to update at certain times like you can with Steam. Unfortunately the connection in my computer room isn't the strongest so an ill timed oculus download can be troublesome.