cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lifeless - Zombie Apocalypse Survival Game

Vin
Explorer
I happened to take part in a Q&A for a game called Lifeless that is doing an IndieGoGo drive for funding. During the Q&A, I asked if there'd be Oculus Rift support, and the developers stated that it was already present in the game. They also made sure to update the IndieGoGo page to reflect the Oculus Rift support. I must admit to being a fan of zombies, and my girlfriend absolutely loves them, so I'd like to see this concept bear some fruit. More about the game can be seen at the IndieGoGo page, but essentially the game will be an MMO in a zombie apocalypse where players have to band together, build defensive positions, fight (or be) bandits, and of course, kill zombies.
38 REPLIES 38

mscanfp
Honored Guest
One great thing I see about this campaign is that it is fixed funding. I'm always leery of flexible funding on Indiegogo, and actually made the mistake of doing that myself. I feel picking a goal and saying this is what I need, and if I don't get it, I'm not taking anyone's money, ala Kickstarter, which I have used successfully is the way to go. I'll be keeping my eye on this one. Thanks.

Mike
Like to read? Cool, check out my author page on Amazon. I run free promotions all the time, and you might read something you like, http://www.amazon.com/Michael-Scanlon/e/B00KDPB88U/ref=ntt_dp_epwbk_0

Vin
Explorer
I totally agree about the fixed funding portion of it. It was my girlfriend that turned me on to it at first, and she told me about a kickstarter game, so when I had her send me the URL, and saw it was IndieGoGo, I sorta winced a little. The fixed funding did help me.

nightscar
Explorer
games sounds pretty cool.
must be this is the new direction zombie survival games are taking now
check this one out, which also will hopefully gain rift support sounds very similar...

http://7daystodie.com/
they just recently gain 100k likes on steam green-light, and will hopefully make there kick-starter goal
order number 057xxx

barath
Honored Guest
Man so many of these zombie survival games anymore, I think I will stick with the one I already backed though. Planet sized randomly generated map with cities the size of new york or bigger and sky scrappers 100+ stories ever room explorable just like everything else in the game just can't be beaten. lol
Click, like & follow development. https://www.facebook.com/Guile3d

Justei
Honored Guest
Hello there!
I'm the Lead Programmer for Lifeless, and I'm very happy to see people's interest in our project :).

As there was more interest in Oculus Rift for our project than anticipated, I have arranged for a friend of mine to lend me his Oculus shortly, as our own is inaccessible at the moment. So we can make a video of it in action, is this something you guys would be interested in seeing? 🙂

Thanks.
Kristoffer
CEO & Lead Prog.
Rigid-Soft Studios

Vin
Explorer
Yes, I would very much love to see game footage of the Oculus Rift with Lifeless.

TheGiantRobot
Honored Guest
"Justei" wrote:
Hello there!
... is this something you guys would be interested in seeing? 🙂

Most definitely.

DokoMaster
Honored Guest
"Justei" wrote:
Hello there!
I'm the Lead Programmer for Lifeless, and I'm very happy to see people's interest in our project :).

As there was more interest in Oculus Rift for our project than anticipated, I have arranged for a friend of mine to lend me his Oculus shortly, as our own is inaccessible at the moment. So we can make a video of it in action, is this something you guys would be interested in seeing? 🙂

Thanks.
Kristoffer
CEO & Lead Prog.
Rigid-Soft Studios

I love zombie games, I love the oculus rift.
But nowdays zombie survival games have been popping up like mushrooms.
So show me some of that delicious video with oculus and if I like what i see i am backing.
Is alpha going to support oculus rift? would love to play with oculus and omni.

Justei
Honored Guest
We plan on including Occulus with the initial gameplay from scratch, so it's a choice to play with or without it at any time.
So to answer your question directly: We plan on having it in alpha, as it's already working. But we don't want to promise anything :). But it's heavily leaning towards it!