cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lifeless - Zombie Apocalypse Survival Game

Vin
Level 3
I happened to take part in a Q&A for a game called Lifeless that is doing an IndieGoGo drive for funding. During the Q&A, I asked if there'd be Oculus Rift support, and the developers stated that it was already present in the game. They also made sure to update the IndieGoGo page to reflect the Oculus Rift support. I must admit to being a fan of zombies, and my girlfriend absolutely loves them, so I'd like to see this concept bear some fruit. More about the game can be seen at the IndieGoGo page, but essentially the game will be an MMO in a zombie apocalypse where players have to band together, build defensive positions, fight (or be) bandits, and of course, kill zombies.
38 REPLIES 38

DokoMaster
Level 2
"Justei" wrote:
I have finished integrating the Oculus Rift into our alpha, and am currently preparing to set up a video demo for you guys 🙂 I hope you like it.

Someone asked where we are from, we are from Sweden :).

Dat Scandinavian wibe, Finland here. Thumbs up
Please share us your good moments on Oculus Rift

Justei
Level 2
"DokoMaster" wrote:
"Justei" wrote:
I have finished integrating the Oculus Rift into our alpha, and am currently preparing to set up a video demo for you guys 🙂 I hope you like it.

Someone asked where we are from, we are from Sweden :).

Dat Scandinavian wibe, Finland here. Thumbs up
Please share us your good moments on Oculus Rift

Hey there neighbor! 😄

I will make sure to do so!
What I am going to do right now is create a fast video showcasing that it's working fine in Lifeless and upload it for you all to enjoy! 🙂

Emanu
Level 2
Hey fellow Swedes! Hur mår ni?

I wanted to share some thoughts on your indiegogo campaign and why I dont feel very attracted to spend my money on the project. I hope you take it as well-intended constructive critisicm.
I can HEAR you have some USP ideas, but I cant see them in the video. Maybe include some concept art, some sketches, some fancy-looking infographics? All I see in the video is a generic forest and generic weapon models. Show me your vision!

/Rant. I wish you the best of luck!

Vin
Level 3
"Justei" wrote:

What I am going to do right now is create a fast video showcasing that it's working fine in Lifeless and upload it for you all to enjoy! 🙂

I anticipate this muchly!

Justei
Level 2
So I have recorded everything (I waited until day to do this, to get better lighting). And converted it into smaller files, and sent it off to my graphics designer to make a video ut of it :). I hope to have it up and visible to you guys in a couple of hours!

Cheers!

Justei
Level 2
So I just finished uploading the video, and hopefully you guys like it! 🙂
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiQLbQ3pM3k

Enjoy!

cybereality
Level 16
Cool video. Obviously early footage, but this could be very nice.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Justei
Level 2
Thank you :).
I wish I had the time to fully implement the Oculus Rift with our weather system. But I don't have one accessible any more :/. I'll have to wait until we have our own unfortunately.

photographer
Level 2
"Justei" wrote:
I wish I had the time to fully implement the Oculus Rift with our weather system. But I don't have one accessible any more :/. I'll have to wait until we have our own unfortunately.

Is it possible to have the game character's head movement be independent of the game world?

For example when the game character tilts his head the trees and buildings should not tilt as well, the world should remain static, only the player's head should move.

Vin
Level 3
"photographer" wrote:
"Justei" wrote:

Is it possible to have the game character's head movement be independent of the game world?

For example when the game character tilts his head the trees and buildings should not tilt as well, the world should remain static, only the player's head should move.

The view should counter-rotate when the Rift tilts, as this keeps the image level with what your inner-ear transmits. The eye expects the image to rotate. It doesn't look right in video playback, but in the unit it looks exactly as you'd expect.