cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Link Homes missing items.

DankKat
Protege

When I log in with Oculus Link on a Quest 2 all the items that I have earned for my Oculus home are miss. The room is empty. I tried going to other people's homes and theirs are empty too. Is anyone else having this problem? I tried repairing the software and restarting my computer but it didn't work. I have also been having trouble staying connected to link. If I move my headset the wrong way I get disconnected. Are they getting rid of linking with the cable since the instruction of Airlink because I have been having all sorts of problems since it rolled out? Are the customizable Oculus homes gone now, because mine is empty. 😢

68 REPLIES 68

kinnawill
Explorer

I have the Rift S and also experiencing the same problem, all my rooms are empty and some don't load. My sister and mum are also having the same issue so I'm guessing it's server-side. Something needs to be done about this as I have spent many hours making/converting custom items.

DankKat
Protege

I have spent many hours earning items and customizing my homes too. Even the special achievements that I have earned in games are gone. They show up in the inventory box but can't be retrieved. All of my homes are empty, which is upsetting. I’m worried that they are getting rid of the Oculus homes. I have been looking into setting up a SteamVR home, but I don’t want to start over from scratch. The customizable homes are my favorite thing about VR and the reason I buy and play all my games with Oculus. They will lose me as a customer if I have to switch to Steam.

colesutra
Explorer

All of my Home items have also vanished.  None of them went back into my inventory, and some of the 1-off items are saying that I need to "go to the home they were placed in to reclaim"....well..that home's BLANK.  And when I put new items down, they disappear the next time I reload that home space.

DankKat
Protege

Same here, they are not in the inventory and they cannot be retrieved because all my homes are empty. I worked hard to earn a large inventory, I spent many many hours in VR playing games and even more time was spent decorating my homes. I contacted support about this. I suggest that you guys do the same. I hope they fix it and that this isn't the end of Oculus homes. This is making me leery of investing this kind of time in virtual worlds where I don’t actually own my creations. I think I’m going to learn how to build my own virtual worlds in unity. 

KT_Phoenix
Protege

I am in the same boat. I will add that I have needed to access my homes via my Quest 2 because of that awful link for the Rift ... the one that broke because of the sharp edges on the headset (even though I mainly play seated) .... the one that Oculus will neither offer replacements for or allow other manufacturers to supply.  My RIft disappeared from my Devices area on my desktop Oculus software today, and my homes are all empty when I visit them with my Quest 2. I was forced to switch to the Quest 2 to continue to use the games I bought there and now I feel abandoned. That's fine for 99 cent hardware and software. I paid good money for my system and extra sensors on my Rift, special lenses (because the spacer on the Rift did not work and they did not warn us early on about scratching lenses in both glasses and the Rift), and a link for my Quest 2. I used only my name on my account. I linked my Oculus account with Facebook, like a good little girl. But look what it bought me. I can find nothing in the announcements or forums about this. Feeling very abandoned. Feeling like my trust has been abused. Feeling like Oculus does not care much about customer relationship management.

kinnawill
Explorer

Well, I thought I would jump on this morning to see if anything was fixed and no it's still the same. Also, I'm experiencing another problem when viewing the empty rooms, the headset and mic won't work so I guess there are some technical difficaltys on their end. I've submitted a support ticket but we know how long that takes. I am really considering switching to a different platform the problems I've had since purchasing this headset are starting to outweigh the experience. 

DankKat
Protege

My homes are still empty today a well. I tried out Air-Link last night and the homes are empty when connecting that way too. Air-Link was a huge disappointment. The games jitter so bad in there they are unplayable. I don't think my router can handle it. My router is in my basement so I can't connect to it through a hard wire. Like others have said, I feel abandoned. I feel like they are trying to force us to use all their new features. Link hasn't been working well for me ever since they released the update with Air-Link. I get booted off of Link constantly. I was tolerating it because I know they are still in Beta, but now they've taken my Oculus homes. The homes were the only reason I was putting up with all these bugs. If they don't bring the homes back, my next headset probably won't be an Oculus. My only reason for purchasing games from Oculus is because they were tied into getting rewards for the homes. This is bad marketing on their part. They seem to have abandoned the whole concept of us having these homes. It's a shame because their homes are much better than Steam's. I will be on the lookout for something similar. Hopefully, there's a developer somewhere who can see the potential in something like this. The homes were very addictive, who doesn't like earning rewards and creating their own spaces? I think it could have been much bigger if they promoted it more and didn't abandon **bleep**. 

I followed support's instructions to generate log files to send them.  And I glanced through them to see if there was anything glaringly obvious.

Now..I don't know my way around system files, at all.  But the dozens upon dozens of "FAILURE TO LOAD" errors associated with files that look like they could be Home items..  Along with other errors about failing to load avatar items..I think there might be some kind of bugged code on Oculus' end.  We'll probably need to do a complete uninstall and re-install, but it'd be nice to keep custom items..

DankKat
Protege

I also want to say that the Oculus Quest 2 homes are boring. You can't walk around or interact with anything. They definitely aren't a reason for me to be loyal to the Oculus brand. Whatever happened with Facebook Horizons? I think they abandoned the Link homes because they a busy working on that. I don't understand why they don't just keep what they had and make it better. I won't be motivated to try Horizons if there is a risk that they will abandon it. Why put the time in?