cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Link Homes missing items.

DankKat
Level 4

When I log in with Oculus Link on a Quest 2 all the items that I have earned for my Oculus home are miss. The room is empty. I tried going to other people's homes and theirs are empty too. Is anyone else having this problem? I tried repairing the software and restarting my computer but it didn't work. I have also been having trouble staying connected to link. If I move my headset the wrong way I get disconnected. Are they getting rid of linking with the cable since the instruction of Airlink because I have been having all sorts of problems since it rolled out? Are the customizable Oculus homes gone now, because mine is empty. ๐Ÿ˜ข

68 REPLIES 68

Zippo134
Level 4

i told them to fix their own anti virus, lol. 

Nope, my homes are still empty ๐Ÿ˜ข

Eispfogel
Level 5

Man i thought i did something wrong. My home is completely empty too ๐Ÿ˜•
Man i hope we can retrieve it or otherwise...well..i have no Backup of my home. Thought that was secure. Guess not ๐Ÿ˜•

StraffeHendrick
Level 3

You sure you all paid rent? Or maybe you are evicted ๐Ÿ˜‰

colesutra
Level 3

The new update they put out this afternoon didn't fix anything on my end either.

Squid3958
Level 3

Same issue here with Rift S.

Have a support ticket and all the usual initial responses have failed to resolve.

Rebooted computer, restarted Oculus, repaired Oculus, uninstalled and reinstalled Oculus. The only thing that got me was having to reinstall all my apps from the library.

Objects are gone, but items are not in inventory as if they are being used somewhere else.

Placing a new object in an empty home would work and deplete it from inventory, but as soon as you leave that home the object would disappear and stay depleted from inventory.

On rare occasion, items would briefly reappear, but then disappear and a pop up would state unable to contact Oculus Servers, so this is a server issue, not an end user issue.

Hope this gets resolved, I've spent hours arranging 4 different homes.

Yeah, I got another response from their support after trying the canned responses and no progress.

"Hi Daniel,

Thank you for reaching us back here at Oculus Support. I do appreciate your effort doing the possible troubleshooting steps to resolved your concern.

We are going to look into your issue further and will require more time to look into possible options available to you or further troubleshooting steps.

Thank you for your extended patience and understanding, we will do our best to get back to you with more information or an update in the next 3-5 business days."

StraffeHendrick, I wasn't evicted. I was robbed! 

DankKat
Level 4

Yesterday I received the usual reward boxes that they always give us on Tuesdays. I was able to open the boxes and retrieve the items, but I didn't place them in my empty homes because I don't want to lose them from inventory. So if anyone is wondering, you can still earn rewards. Since I can't work on my home, I've been spending a lot of time in the Steam VR home, and I have started to learn Hammer to create my own environments and objects. Even though there is a learning curve for using Hammer, it's a lot of fun. It can take your creativity to a new level. I know Oculus has something like this too, but with all of their recent issues, I'm not going to waste my time learning to use theirs.