cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Link Homes missing items.

DankKat
Protege

When I log in with Oculus Link on a Quest 2 all the items that I have earned for my Oculus home are miss. The room is empty. I tried going to other people's homes and theirs are empty too. Is anyone else having this problem? I tried repairing the software and restarting my computer but it didn't work. I have also been having trouble staying connected to link. If I move my headset the wrong way I get disconnected. Are they getting rid of linking with the cable since the instruction of Airlink because I have been having all sorts of problems since it rolled out? Are the customizable Oculus homes gone now, because mine is empty. 😢

68 REPLIES 68

@KT_Phoenix I have no problem with those that like the Dollhouse feature.  When it first came out I kinda liked it too.  However, over time, tastes change and I no longer want this clogging up my pc and delaying start ups.  Oculus sensibly allowed you to skip automatically starting this up quite a while ago (oculus app settings/general, around bottom slider).  I just wish they would do the same with the Dollhouse dashboard button.  Worse thing it's right next to the virtual desktop button that do use quite a bit, and why I occasionally have this problem.

Sorry, I did not intend to insult those who love the Dollhouse feature.  I'm only using the term Dollhouse in order to help differentiate between it and Oculus Home btw.

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

I appreciate the response.  I have no idea what the difference is between 'Dollhouse' and 'Home'. I'd appreciate being enlightened as to the difference between the terms. Nothing called 'Dollhouse' shows up in my Rift CV1 dashboard or if I come there via a Quest 2 cable link. In that context, it sounds like an implication that some users are childish. If 'Dollhouse' is an official term, I withdraw my comment. Keep in mind there are probably lots of other users in the same boat I am, context wise.

@KT_Phoenix  Sorry this is all so confusing for you.  Oculus Home for me is an empty void with dashboard and panels I can call up when I want to.  This starts up much faster and takes up a little less pc resources.  If you open win10 task manager you can easily see and compare the differences.

The Oculus Home you seem to like (and nothing wrong with that btw) includes an environment you chose to use.  I can select this by pressing the House icon on the dashboard next to the virtual desktop icon.  The way I differentiate the two Homes is to call one a Dollhouse because that's what it looks like to me.  Please do not take offence to this. 

The only point I was originally trying to make was that I wish that the option you use to stop the Oculus desktop app from stating up in a Dollhouse also removed the Dollhouse icon from the dashboard because I often hit this with my controller finger a little more often than I'd like.  I'm not questioning whether or not the Dollhouse feature is useful and I don't mean to make it sound like using it is childish.  Sorry if I did not explain this better mate.

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

StraffeHendrick
Protege

@TomCgcmfc @KT_Phoenix guys, take it easy lol. I knew from the beginning, Tom was mocking us with the childish term ''dollhouses'' and frankly, i found it rather funny using that term. But every1 their taste i would say. Im not offended anyway, he stated his point neutral, friendly and ontopic enough to see his point. 

@TomCgcmfc i read there is an option to disable it (like you mentioned), is that still working?

@StraffeHendrick  Thanks mate.  Yes there still is an option to stop starting up the Oculus user home (maybe a better term than Dollhouse, lol!).  It's in the Oculus Desktop app settings/general, around the bottom of this.  Cheers. 

So no worries for you, disable it and you re set... 

Ive always had an interest in 'The Sims', 'Second Life', (the simulating stuff).... and now this. Dont get me wrong, i bought the Oculus mainly for Skyrim VR and Beat Saber. But for now im abit bored by those games

Thanks for clarifying. I hope this is not a third reply. The forum keeps making me log in (even though it looks like I am correctly logged in) and my response vanishes. I'll try one more time. Sorry if the other replies do show up, lol.

I know you can add items to the dashboard menu, and I can see merit in removing a pre-loaded item you don't want to use. I've done that in object-oriented programs that have menu libraries, so the programming should not be difficult to do. Too bad we don't have access to the source code. (What chaos that would cause!)

The thing about Homes is that you can work with them at no additional cost when your budget for fun runs out for the month and you can use them for socialization. It's a pretty good early effort at that. (I remember Second Life, for example.) But the cost of entry was a bit high at the time (the cost of the Rift CV1), so not that many people participated.

Thanks again for clarifying. Peace.

We're making peace, lol.

DankKat
Protege

Are any of you having trouble staying logged into link, or is that just a problem on my end? It's really bad when I try to use SteamVR. If I take my headset off, I get booted out immediately, and sometimes I'm booted out with the headset still on. It sends me back to the Quest 2 home with a "PC disconnected" error message.