cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lone Echo 2 with Quest 2 is a fantastic combo

Zenbane
Level 15

I have only now just begun my playthrough, but the level of detail (using Link) is amazing. The overall graphic quality is noticeably improved compared to Lone Echo 1. There is so much detail everywhere, including your own avatar. 

The fact that SDE and Glare is nearly eliminated on the Quest 2 makes every scene incredibly surreal.

My graphics settings are set to "low" since I have not upgraded my graphics card, and the game still plays and looks amazing. Screenshots never do it justice, but hanging out in the room with the new AI and your human companion is incredibly fun.

I just started playing, and if I'm not mistaken... there is a new feature in Lone Echo 2 where the NPC's recognized gestures. I was making some hand signs and they were totally calling it out. I can't wait to explore this further!

image_2021-10-12_154927.png

28 REPLIES 28

TomCgcmfc
Level 15

Downloading this now.  Pretty expensive at aud$50 but I'm sure it will be worth it.  Looking forward to playing this with my Q2/rtx3090 wireless, using Air Link.  With v33 and my current settings LE1 looks amazing with my Q2/rtx3090.  Much better than with my old Rift cv1 at 2xSS imho.

I'm sure Don will say he will not buy it because LE1 always crashed for him and Rune will tell us how wonderful it looks with his Rift cv1 at 2.5xSS and Index at 400% SteamVR visuals, lol!

I wonder if this will end up on the Steam Store like MOH?  There would be a lot more $'s to be made if it were available to other VR headset users imho.  Time will tell I guess.  Cheers.

9 9900k, rtx3090, 32 Gb ram, 1tb ssd, 4tb hdd. xi hero wifi mb, 750w psu, Q2 w/Air Link, Vive Pro

DaftnDirect
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator

So looking forward to this.

I want to play it untethered though and my Quest 1 isn't going to do it justice... so it's wait and see what comes out of Connect and then either get a Quest 2 or more waiting for a headset if one's announced.

Intel 5820K OC@4Ghz, Titan X (Maxwell), 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v20H2 (19043.1081)

@DaftnDirect wrote:

So looking forward to this.

I want to play it untethered though and my Quest 1 isn't going to do it justice... so it's wait and see what comes out of Connect and then either get a Quest 2 or more waiting for a headset if one's announced.

You won't be disappointed. I can't seem to stop playing it lol

My productivity this week is about to go down the pooper.

Zenbane
Level 15

The new Juno character is pretty cool, as she recognizes hand gestures for certain. I've already spent some time getting her to respond to all the touch controller gesture abilities. I hope to see more of this feature throughout the game!

Although so far, I have to say that there's a different NPC that won my heart.

Spoiler
Zenbane_0-1634078911787.png

@Zenbane  Ya, I've already warned my wife to put a lid on the job jar for the rest of the week, lol!  I've only played about an hour so far, up to getting the holo table up and running and looking at station bits, and lots of sightseeing around the place. 

So far LE2 looks fantastic with my Q2/rtx3090 using Air Link.  Very nice to be able to play this at my adjacent lounge room on my comfy Lazyboy recliner, well away from the noise of my PC cooling fans (which really are not that bad).  Well worth the price and wait imho.

9 9900k, rtx3090, 32 Gb ram, 1tb ssd, 4tb hdd. xi hero wifi mb, 750w psu, Q2 w/Air Link, Vive Pro

Nice, Tom! I actually received a new recliner last week lol

I need to start using it with my Quest 2 asap. The joys of tetherless!

In other news, I just got to a new section in this game and I am very excited to fix this machine and see all the places it takes me!

Spoiler
Lone Echo 2 has its own TRAM Station, including a full Directory for travel locations.

Zenbane_1-1634081872751.png

Zenbane
Level 15

Classic moment...

That look you get when Lone Echo 2 is released and you know you won't get any other life responsibilities done until you complete it:

img03.jpg

kojack
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator

@TomCgcmfc wrote:

Downloading this now.  Pretty expensive at aud$50 but I'm sure it will be worth it. 

Considering Psychonauts 2 is $99.95au, a big VR title for $49.99au is fine with me.

I'll be playing it on my CV1. Partly because of black levels, but also because my Quest 1, Quest 2 and Rift-S are all at work (to let students use for VR development). 🙂

I got my second Pfizer injection yesterday, so my shoulder is a bit too sore to play VR. I might try it tonight.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

@kojack wrote:

I got my second Pfizer injection yesterday, so my shoulder is a bit too sore to play VR. I might try it tonight.

This might be a good time to test out VR's ability to block pain! 😊