cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lone Echo 2 with Quest 2 is a fantastic combo

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

I have only now just begun my playthrough, but the level of detail (using Link) is amazing. The overall graphic quality is noticeably improved compared to Lone Echo 1. There is so much detail everywhere, including your own avatar. 

The fact that SDE and Glare is nearly eliminated on the Quest 2 makes every scene incredibly surreal.

My graphics settings are set to "low" since I have not upgraded my graphics card, and the game still plays and looks amazing. Screenshots never do it justice, but hanging out in the room with the new AI and your human companion is incredibly fun.

I just started playing, and if I'm not mistaken... there is a new feature in Lone Echo 2 where the NPC's recognized gestures. I was making some hand signs and they were totally calling it out. I can't wait to explore this further!

image_2021-10-12_154927.png

30 REPLIES 30

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

One thing I found out today is that you are much better to install LE2 on a SSD drive instead of a HDD.  Otherwise it seems to take forever to restart.  The Oculus desktop app /LE2 app setting lets you move it and this does not seem to take too long (maybe ~5 minutes for me). 

This speeds up reloads quite a bit and I think it even helps smooth out performance a little.  Only problem is that  you lose your saved game and need to start over.  There probably is a way to copy/save these but to be honest I did not mind going through the initial bits of the game again anyway.

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

lensmandave
Superstar

Hello Sunshine!

Yeah, this is a brilliant update! The graphics/textures are awesome and Liv's face is spookily near photo realistic, with excellent improvements to her facial expressions and lip synch.

Loved the 'stiff' joke 😂

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.5GHz. Asus-Z170-PRO MB - Nvidia RTX 3080 ti - 16GB DDR4 2666MHZ HYPERX SAVAGE.

That sounds like good advice.

I've got an SSD for the most used Steam games (Fallout VR in particular) and one for Flight Sims (and one for the OS). Haven't yet put any Oculus games on them but sounds like this is a good time to start.

Won't be long before HDD's are consigned to archiving & NAS duties only.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah no HDD resides on this build I did in Jan 2019. I have two each 1TB m.2 Nvme drives and one each 1TB Sata III SSD.

I do have an external 3TB HDD that I use to back up images of my system.

Regarding Lone Echo 2 - thinking about trying it - I am sure Oculus has a refund policy? I could try Revive I guess with my Vive Pro 2 or failing that could always play it in my Rift S I suppose. Long as it will run for me of course.

inovator
Consultant

I'm going to wait for oculus connect before buying this. If the quest pro or whatever has a better fov for example I'd rather play it on the better headset. I play this type of game only once. It's a shame this game wasn't pushed by facebook. But it's not surprising since standalone is all that matters to them now. The developers worked on this game for 4 years. Yes it will still do well but the developers can't be to happy in regards to Facebook's treatment.

@inovator wrote:

I'm going to wait for oculus connect before buying this. If the quest pro or whatever has a better fov for example I'd rather play it on the better headset. I play this type of game only once. It's a shame this game wasn't pushed by facebook. But it's not surprising since standalone is all that matters to them now. The developers worked on this game for 4 years. Yes it will still do well but the developers can't be to happy in regards to Facebook's treatment.

I look forward to playing it multiple times, especially on whatever new headset Oculus may release 😁

Also, Facebook has definitely been advertising the release of Lone Echo 2. They have multiple advertisements across Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.

Oculus has an official Page on Facebook with over 1-million followers. They have repeatedly advertised its release including its launch on top of releasing Oculus Quest 2 Ads all over broadcast television.

Just one example:

Zenbane_0-1634147662271.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah and in several places I saw when viewing Lone Echo II on the web it is being billed as the last Oculus game made for PC-VR which is kind of sad.

@Anonymous wrote:

Yeah and in several places I saw when viewing Lone Echo II on the web it is being billed as the last Oculus game made for PC-VR which is kind of sad.

Yea, it really is because the game is fantastic and is easily the best and most immersive game I've played since Alyx.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe that being the case Oculus will let Steam sell it at some point. They did for Medal of Honor when it released.

Hey there dburne! We love hearing suggestions from our community members! Submit your suggestions at oculus.uservoice.com. We can't wait to hear from you! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!