cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long time DK2 owner checking back in

Wireline
Level 3
Hello CyberChaps and Virtualettes

Don't know how many of the old schoolers are still around? I got my DK2 back in August 2014, used it most weeks and still do for my flight sims, demos and the odd bit of Alien Isolation. Still love it to bits!

Haven't been on the forum for a while (did a little lurking) and thought I would check in to see what's going on with everyone. Looking forward to pre-ordering? Are we still looking for 90 FPS for the production jobbie? Are my two 980's I bought especially for immersing myself in
rude virtual movies
DCS World and P3D finally going to prove their worth, or did Nvidia sort of drag their heels with VR SLI a bit? Anything else on the technical side I really really need to know?

Hoping Cybereality is still around, with his luscious purple hair? Where's the dude that had a robot wearing a charming suit for an avatar? Is he still around? And the grumpy guy with an angry Tron dude as his picture :mrgreen: Dude with the cute cat avatars? [EDIT: Ah found you all, vizionvr, danknugz and kojack!]. And Mssrs Bilago and Drash? Did they finally become beings of pure light like Wesley in Star Trek? Not that its ever fair to compare ANYONE to Wesley but they were kind of awesome (still remember the nerd tears after being able to run that TNG demo via the game manager and walk around engineering ❤️ )

Hope all you devs made wonderful VR projects that are set to make you squillions!

Anyways not sure what I will be doing. Might wait until the Rift ships with Touch, and at least until the Vive comes out to compare it, unless someone can verbally beat me into submission convince me gently why the Vive will be pants?

Anyways, good to be back, hope all you devs and users all had lovely christmases and New Years and all the Oculus staff are cruising towards well earned time off when CV1 finally goes out the door 😄

Wire
10 REPLIES 10

Calanar
Level 2
Welcome back. Cyber is here leading the charge. I wouldn't wait on the CV1 rift. If you preorder it they throw in Eve: Valkyrie for free but only with preorders. Makes sense to me. Anyway. Folks are still here.
Michael Tenery, Software, RPG and Game Developer. Imagine Role Playing: http://www.role-playing.com

Wireline
Level 3
"Calanar" wrote:
Welcome back. Cyber is here leading the charge. I wouldn't wait on the CV1 rift. If you preorder it they throw in Eve: Valkyrie for free but only with preorders. Makes sense to me. Anyway. Folks are still here.

Thanks Calanar 😛 I'm not much for space games I must admit, sort of tried to get into Elite Dangerous VR but kept bouncing off it. I am rubbish at dogfighting, which is one reason. I'd also really like to wait until Touch comes out and get them together. The one thing I have wanted to do is put my hands in there with me. Nearly bought a LEAP Motion, couldn't find a Hydra, and wasn't sure about the perception neuron, but if I can get my hands in my Airbus or Dash 8 cockpit with me that would be the coolest.

Take it you will be jumping right in on Wednesday?

cybereality
Level 16
Yeah, I'm still here. Danknugz was banned. He was funny, but trolled too much. Some of those other guys are still around as well, though things have been a bit slower than before. Feel free to stick around. Cheers.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Wireline
Level 3
"cybereality" wrote:
Yeah, I'm still here. Danknugz was banned. He was funny, but trolled too much. Some of those other guys are still around as well, though things have been a bit slower than before. Feel free to stick around. Cheers.

Howdy Cyber, glad to see things still going strong. Still got that triple 980 / 5960X rig? That thing was a beast :ugeek: Something tells me the forums might be about to get a bit busier, or will you be setting up a new launch forum or something? Hope I can import my avatar and post count 😛 Any word on when Touch hits the shelves, or is that super secret special sauce stuff?

Ahh man danknugz, why did you do this to yourself lol.

cybereality
Level 16
Yes, the new forum is coming very soon. Everything will be imported, you won't lose your posts.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Zoomie
Level 11
Lots of us are still around, just lurking.
I spent today making sure my F5 key is in working order for Wednesday.

Thankfully a lot of google searches have the launch time 2 hours late...
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. - Arthur C Clarke

Wireline
Level 3
"Zoomie" wrote:
Lots of us are still around, just lurking.
I spent today making sure my F5 key is in working order for Wednesday.

Thankfully a lot of google searches have the launch time 2 hours late...

I think I broke mine waiting for my DK2 already 🙂 Nice to see you dude, may the lurkers return :mrgreen:

andrewtek
Level 4
Welcome back! Are you working on a VR title?

Wireline
Level 3
"andrewtek" wrote:
Welcome back! Are you working on a VR title?

Hello there andrewtek 🙂 That had been the original plan but I ended up just becoming a regular ol' scumbag enthusiast / happy beta tester 8-) :?

How about you? Did you get a project up and running?