cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking to use Oculus for my business, can I bounce ideas off of anyone?

AllenWorral
Sightseer
Hello!  

I work in medical sales and I am trying to get past the current situation that we are in with COVID.  In the past we would ship our equipment across the country so that healthcare workers could see how it works up close (not complicated stuff).  

First off, I never liked this because of environmental impacts as well as cost.  Now with COVID it is heard to get into a place and show anything in mass.  

I am thinking of is shooting interactions with a 3D camera, and then having 4-5 Oculus units that we could take to a hospital and be able to have the same type of demonstration for much less cost and fuss.  

- 1st:  Is Oculus sturdy enough for this type of use over and over (supervised) with the public?  
- 2nd:  Is there a camera that anyone could recommend for quality, but not uber expensive.  
- 3rd:  Would I need software for this to create a demo presentation?  

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! 
4 REPLIES 4

wuzp
Rising Star

In the past we would ship our equipment across the country so that healthcare workers could see how it works up close (not complicated stuff).  

First off, I never liked this because of environmental impacts as well as cost.  Now with COVID it is heard to get into a place and show anything in mass {sic, that's "en mass"}.  

I am thinking of is shooting interactions with a 3D camera, and then having 4-5 Oculus units that we could take to a hospital and be able to have the same type of demonstration for much less cost and fuss.  

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! 

So, somebody still has to transport those 4-5 Oculus headsets to the potential customer; just so they can view a previously shot, non-interactive, demonstration video.  I thought you were trying to save costs and promote social distancing.

• What's wrong with a live demonstration conducted with Zoom?  By now, everyone knows how to use Zoom.

• How are those 4-5 Oculus units going to get from one potential customer to another?

• How many potential customers are knowledgeable enough to intuitively setup the devices?

• Those 4-5 Oculus units have to be sent back to you, for sanitization, between potential customers.

• Are you aware there's an Oculus headset shortage?

Archybald
Explorer
Do all potential Customers have facebook accounts? will the adverts all over the place put them off?

wuzp
Rising Star

Archybald said:

Do all potential Customers have facebook accounts? will the adverts all over the place put them off?Show me a 

Show me a screenshot of a single advert that has been displayed. And screen captures from "Ready Player One" don't count.

austin50gerald
Honored Guest

At present, I also want to mention the fact that I recently decided to start to better understand the issues related to hospital business. Therefore, I recently found this resource https://corporateinvestigation.com/hospital-consulting/ where it's possible to learn some requirements while creating your hospital. It is an organization with more opportunity to help you with this issue. You can also use this information to gain more knowledge in this area.