cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Looks Like We're All Getting More Store Credit lol

Anonymous
Not applicable
Oculus have released a new wonky update that stops your Rift from working lmfao ๐Ÿ˜„ ๐Ÿ˜„ ๐Ÿ˜„
42 REPLIES 42

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee
Ah, so by Oculus' conversion rates that should be at least a quid! ๐Ÿ˜› (Go = $249 and ยฃ249)

i5 9600k @4.5GHz; 16GB DDR4 3200; 6xSSD; RTX2080ti; Gigabyte Z390D Mobo
Rift CV1; Index; Quest; Quest 2

Anonymous
Not applicable

Brixmis said:

Ah, so by Oculus' conversion rates that should be at least a quid! ๐Ÿ˜› (Go = $249 and ยฃ249)

Nope. You'd THINK so, given the price of the hardware over here compared to the States and here, but last time we got ยฃ11 I think, whilst those in the States got $15.

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
You guys are forgetting that our VAT @20% is included in that price. The USA listed prices do not.

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Dear Oculus, I don't like paying VAT. Fuck you, I'm buying a Vive. ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜„

Anonymous
Not applicable
When I win the Euromillions I'm gonna move to the US and live in Alaska or Utah. They don't pay Sales Tax over there. B)

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
I finally was able to get some free time and try the Rift today. Update went through and I didn't experience any problems. I guess I got lucky? Not free $$$ for me...
:'(

Genericat
Expert Protege
Yup, I'm having the same issue. 12 hours or so, so far. Very frustrating.

The_Bro
Explorer
I actually don't feel they are obligated to give a credit every time something like this happens. I appreciate the credit I got the first time. What they do owe us, in my opinion, when something like this happens is information as to what is going on. They are perfectly capable of sending out an email to all of us with not a lot of effort as they did the last time. I would not be having to re-install everything again because I would have known it was their problem and waited for a fix instead of thinking it was my computer and than re-installing the Oculus software, which , needlessly wipes everything.

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee

You guys are forgetting that our VAT @20% is included in that price. The USA listed prices do not.

Don't be a killjoy! ๐Ÿ˜›

i5 9600k @4.5GHz; 16GB DDR4 3200; 6xSSD; RTX2080ti; Gigabyte Z390D Mobo
Rift CV1; Index; Quest; Quest 2

odd_mike
Honored Guest
aaaand it's broke.