cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lots of games/demo popping in my monitor instead of rift

maxpare79
Trustee
Hi guys new DK2 owner here, I am having a great time with it but a lot of games/demo pops on my monitor instead of the rift, but they are in "Rift/3D mode" but just not on the right screen...I read all sort of things that say press Windows+shift+arrow to send it to the right screen but in windows 8.1 it doesn't seems to work

A few games that have this problem are Assetto Corsa, Live for speed, Kairo, to name a few...

Draging them in window mode into the rift screen works but when they are on it pressing alt-enter to put them into fullscreen only brings them back on my monitor...

And making the rift as the main display seems to be a pain in the ...

I have an AMD 290x gpu...

Any hints?
I am a spacesim/flightsim/racesim enthusiast first 🙂 I9 9900k@5.0, 32gb RAM/ 2080ti Former DK2, Gear VR,CV1 and Rift S owner
5 REPLIES 5

cybereality
Grand Champion
You can use Direct Mode, or put the DK2 as primary display in Extended Mode.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

bilago
Honored Guest
"maxpare79" wrote:
Hi guys new DK2 owner here, I am having a great time with it but a lot of games/demo pops on my monitor instead of the rift, but they are in "Rift/3D mode" but just not on the right screen...I read all sort of things that say press Windows+shift+arrow to send it to the right screen but in windows 8.1 it doesn't seems to work

A few games that have this problem are Assetto Corsa, Live for speed, Kairo, to name a few...

Draging them in window mode into the rift screen works but when they are on it pressing alt-enter to put them into fullscreen only brings them back on my monitor...

And making the rift as the main display seems to be a pain in the ...

I have an AMD 290x gpu...

Any hints?

use My Game Manager (in signature) and choose the option to Set the Rift as the only Monitor (check the box that says "Force adapter" and select the last item on the drop down.
[Obsolete] Oculus Service Manager - https://developer.oculusvr.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=11395 [Unofficial] VR Game Manager - viewtopic.php?f=26&t=12754

maxpare79
Trustee
awesome thx!!!!
I am a spacesim/flightsim/racesim enthusiast first 🙂 I9 9900k@5.0, 32gb RAM/ 2080ti Former DK2, Gear VR,CV1 and Rift S owner

richhard1
Protege
Yeah, the latest unity demos, despite in extended mode with the rift as primary, seem to still output to the main monitor.

My way around it is to force the screen select screen upon startup which seems to work fine.
I7-4790K - GTX980ti - 32GB - PB287Q - G502 - A50 - GAMEZ4RO - G19s - E17k - Xonar7.1 - Xenyx502 - AT2050 - H105 - T300RS - XBox1Elite - X55- 4K/DK2/CV1/VIVE

theregoes2
Protege
Just do what bilago says. Or, if you're like me and too dumb and lazy to figure game manager out, just put your rift into extended mode, right click your desktop and select resolution, choose to show only on the Rift and then when you need to see your monitor, turn off the rift, when you want to play a game, turn it back on. It's far from elegant, but it works.
Ordered: June 4th Status: Strapped to my ugly mug ON, Canada