cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magicleap: VR can cause a spectrum of neurologic deficits

Peteo
Expert Protege
AMA today with Rony Abovitz, CEO of Magic Leap. When asked to compare their tech to Hololens and other tech:

"We at Magic Leap believe these inputs into the eye-brain system are incorrect - and can cause a spectrum of temporary and/or permanent neurologic deficits."

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/2 ... ma/covtg5q
2 REPLIES 2

Disdroid
Honored Guest
So Magic Leap inputs into what exactly if not into the eye-brain system :?: :?: :?:
our philosophy as a company (and my personal view) is to "leave no footprints" in the brain. The brain is very neuroplastic - and there is no doubt that near-eye stereoscopic 3d systems have the potential to cause neurologic change.
Last time I checked, almost everything could cause a few brain cells to either generate or evaporate.

What I think he's getting at is that it's bad to have a screen this close from your eyes. Throwing medical concerns at everything that competes on a similar market without any studies or recent stories to back it up.
People tend to believe what they want to be true.

VizionVR
Rising Star
Interesting read, but far too vague and not backed with any conclusive evidence. I'm not saying it's not true (not saying it's true, either), just saying more information and proof is desperately needed.

It sort of reminded me how cigarette companies in the 60's claimed that their cigs were "healthier" than those other brands.
Not a Rift fanboi. Not a Vive fanboi. I'm a VR fanboi. Get it straight.