cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Many other Aussies or Kiwi's here?

BundyRuss
Level 2
I'm up in Qld, waiting on my order, though I get a feel for how many other Oculites there are down under.

Hoping to keep my self distracted while waiting.

I'd like to get a program going that lets me load up cad plans for houses, make a quick few decisions (colour for walls, ceiling height ect) then tour the place.

Should keep me busy while I learn how.

Bundy
Ordered: 24th March Delivered ?
29 REPLIES 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
roger here, reporting from sunny melbourne. i've been uploading several videos of what i've been up to with my rift and also working on an art/lucid dreaming training/psychedelic experience kinda thing.

ajbert
Level 2
Another Kiwi. Writing from Auckland.

Looks like the answer to your original question is "Yes, there are plenty of Aussie and Kiwis on here"

davejones
Level 2
Hi there,

This is a long shot but I'm hoping to find a Melbourne based Oculus Rift owner who would be willing to lend their Rift for next weekend (1-3rd November). I have created a series of 3, bicycle powered Rift games for an arts festival (the Nati Frinj) a few hours out of Melbourne (http://natifrinj.com).

There is more info and pics on the games/bikes and project here (http://actnatimuk.com/nati-frinj/2013-nati-frinj-biennale/2013-art-pumping-action).

The 3 games are working, the 3 bikes are all fitted out with sensors and generators ready to go.

BUT...the 3rd Oculus I ordered has not arrived yet. Their delivery estimate was some time in October and there is still about a week to go so it may well show up. But I'm starting to get pretty nervous and looking around for a fall back plan.

If anyone has an Oculus they could spare for that weekend and happy to loan it I would be extremely grateful.

We could collect it from Melbourne or, if you wanted to come up here and join in the festivities yourself, you would of course be very welcome.

Thanks,
Dave

PS I would have created a new thread for this but I dont seem to have permission to do that

Anonymous
Not applicable
Tony from Mildura in North West Victoria here. I'm just a gamer wanting to expand on my gaming experience so when it gets here it gets here. Looking forward to giving some of the race sims a go though. I reckon they're going to be quite the rush. Plus I love the Half Life series so that should be good as well. 🙂

kalorvoe
Level 2
Western Sydney here.
Location: Sydney OR Status: 19th Oct: Ordered 19th Nov: Advancing to Processing within 24 hours 20th Nov: Processing 22nd Nov: UNEXPECTED PACKAGE! 22nd Nov: "BTW, we shipped it" email. :) My Status: Nervous Rift virgin.

KrisRedbeard
Level 3
Melbourne area.
Rule#21: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

boris
Level 3
Hello all, waiting for my Oculus here in Adelaide
Ordered : 26 Oct Processing Email : 19 Nov Shipping email : 21 Nov Delivered: 25 Nov 086xxx- Adelaide, SA

boris
Level 3
"rogeressig" wrote:
roger here, reporting from sunny melbourne. i've been uploading several videos of what i've been up to with my rift and also working on an art/lucid dreaming training/psychedelic experience kinda thing.

Looks great Roger, cant wait to test it once i have my Rift :shock:
Ordered : 26 Oct Processing Email : 19 Nov Shipping email : 21 Nov Delivered: 25 Nov 086xxx- Adelaide, SA

Alex04
Level 2
Brisbane here.

BundyRuss
Level 2
I'm off to Mt Isa for work in 3 weeks, hope the rift arrives before then.
Ordered: 24th March Delivered ?