cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MechWarrior 5 Has A Great VR Mod Coming

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

Up until now, the closest thing we have had to a AAA Mech experience in VR is Archangel
https://www.oculus.com/experiences/rift/1880529828633843/

This is one of those hidden gem VR experience. I played it all the way through, and absolutely love the way you are able to experience the feeling of being lifted up in to a giant Mech body.

And now, after all these years, the greatest Mech series of all time will be having a VR Mod!

Zenbane_0-1629832951494.png

https://headset-vr.tech/mechwarrior-5-has-a-great-vr-mod-coming-very-soon/

https://twitter.com/ragesaqvr/status/1428160754750935045

53 REPLIES 53

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

Nice to see that folks are enjoying this despite some of the tech issues. I am planning on buying the full version soon. Once I can take some much needed vacation time from work. 

Agreed that being able to Zoom is highly critical. It has been a long time for me as well since I have thoroughly enjoyed a Mech game. Looking forward to jumping in to this one soon! And with a working Zoom hopefully lol

Anonymous
Not applicable

New campaign - Legend of the Kestrel Lancers being released today along with Play Station release.

https://mw5mercs.com/news/2021/09/62-legend-of-the-kestrel-lancers

Yesterday I worked with upping the graphics and increasing resolution, looking really good in VR. I am running around 3400k per eye with graphics med/high. My i9 9900k @ 5.1 GHz and 3090 GPU are doing well with it. Seems I picked a really good time to pick up this game.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Seems today's update has messed with the Mod a little. Can no longer get into the Options Menu with the Mod enabled. Have to disable the Mod, restart the game, to get into the Options menu to make any changes. Then re-enable the Mod and restart the game again. Also seems the Mini Map location changed some along with the contextual menu, making it harder to read. These have been reported over on the Nexus forums so I am sure he will get them squared away shortly.

Had some more good fun with it today but I have decided for me to be worth a spit with it I am going to have to setup my complete HOTAS to be able to effectively play the game. The X-Box Controller while convenient is lacking for what I need in the game. Lots of buttons, switches, and axis on my HOTAS setup so should be good to go there.  VKB Gunfighter Pro stick with Ultimate Grip, VIrpil CM3 Throttle, and Crosswind Rudder Pedals.  Just hated to put the wear and tear on it as I use it heavily pretty much daily for flight sims. But in Mechwarrior I will be pressing those buttons a lot more during the course of a session, at least as compared to a flight sim.

ohgrant
Superstar

Oh my, went to start it to find it starting the 6 GB DL. I appreciate the free stuff.  I just got it last week and already more content.  Thanks for the heads up on the options menu. I'm going to play with it this weekend and try to sort out everything, going to even try the steering wheel for the sake of trying. 

Gigabyte  AB350 Ryzen 2700x, 32gb ddr 4 3200, 2080ti. HP Reverb G2, Index controllers, Quest 1 and 2x Quest 2. 65" 3DTV HD3D DLP projector.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Kitt has uploaded the new files dated Sept 23rd.

Just had a quick test this morning and everything is working fine again now, even have VR zoom now that works for me with the X-Box controller ! There are two new files you need, the Compatibility Mod and the VR Warrior Mod. Both dated the 23rd.

Edit: Changelog for yesterday's updated files. Good stuff in there:

https://www.nexusmods.com/mechwarrior5mercenaries/mods/531?tab=logs&BH=0

Going to try and get my HOTAS set up for the game later today. X-Box controller is too limited for what I would like.

Anonymous
Not applicable

OMG setting up a HOTAS with this game looks convoluted as all get out.

https://static.mw5mercs.com/docs/MW5HotasRemappingDocumentation.pdf

Why in the world did they not supply a simple GUI ability in the game for the custom controllers.

I may be sticking with the X-Box controller for a while.  I need to be able to use my HOTAS with this game but that is going to take some serious doings.

ohgrant
Superstar

Thank you Sir for the update. Yeah now that things are working better with the xbox controller, going to give that a shot again. 

Gigabyte  AB350 Ryzen 2700x, 32gb ddr 4 3200, 2080ti. HP Reverb G2, Index controllers, Quest 1 and 2x Quest 2. 65" 3DTV HD3D DLP projector.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ohgrant wrote:

Thank you Sir for the update. Yeah now that things are working better with the xbox controller, going to give that a shot again. 

Yeah now that I have zoom available I keep forgetting to use it LOL.

ohgrant
Superstar

The update made all the difference in the world for maneuverability here with the xbox controller, torso wasn't working at all before the update.  

Graphics sorted now able to run it with TXAA and looks much better at default resolution.  Going to see if I can get away with some supersampling but really doesn't need it so much now.

Edit: Got past a few missions, I don't see the dire need for it right now, but so many keyboard commands, no way to cover what's needed with a controller without going for the keyboard.  Defiantly using voice attack on this one here. bindings.png 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ohgrant wrote:

The update made all the difference in the world for maneuverability here with the xbox controller, torso wasn't working at all before the update.  

Graphics sorted now able to run it with TXAA and looks much better at default resolution.  Going to see if I can get away with some supersampling but really doesn't need it so much now.

Edit: Got past a few missions, I don't see the dire need for it right now, but so many keyboard commands, no way to cover what's needed with a controller without going for the keyboard.  Defiantly using voice attack on this one here. bindings.png 

Yeah Voice Attack is not a bad idea, I did not think of that and I have Voice Attack installed and use with my flight sims.

Been playing most of the day and I am definitely getting better with the X-Box Controller. Still very disappointed they did not include a user friendly GUI for binding HOTAS controls. Big oversight on their part I think.

I suppose if I get desperate I could look into using the JoyToKey program. Really don't care to go there though.

I will stay with the X-Box controller for a while. I have gotten better with it during the course of the day.

At least it will save some wear and tear on the buttons on my HOTAS LOL.

Very much loving the game so far in VR though. Looks great and is a blast being inside that big ass Mech.

Kitt has done one heck of a job with this VR Mod for the game. Guess I will go ahead and pick up the latest DLC as well.