Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Medal Of Honour Above & Beyond Story Trailer

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
Looks cool so far.

https://youtu.be/Q6VFHMl0UpI

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.
274 REPLIES 274

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

nalex66 said:

Anyway, Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond looks pretty good, and Respawn know how to make a great game, so I’m sure this will be top notch.

Agreed, fun thing one dude on Reddit said he thought the Rift version didn't look better than the iPhone version, lol - but I do understand part of what he was saying. The lighting does seem a bit down-scaled and dated, and poly levels might not be Doom Eternal nor Alyx class, but the dynamic shadows look really great. This may indicate that you don't need a high-end gpu to run the game. Floating hands like Alyx might also reduce system requirements. 

Also we all know that 2D trailers simply can't communication the pure awesomeness of VR - even the Lone Echo trailer looks quite bad in 2D. I expect Medal of Honor to look like 10 times better when inside the hmd. 

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
I could never understand why the Walking Dead games got such high reviews. I remember it was like watching an animated movie with a bit of crappy gameplay added in just to keep you interested.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hopefully they have not dumbed down the GFX to allow it to run on mobile Quest.
Based on the trailer , that would not appear to be the case.

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

dburne said:

They surely have not, no way Quest could run the game shown in the trailer. But I could wonder if the devs might have held back a little on the polygons to make it easier to port to Quest - then again, holding back might be more to let all PCVR owners be able to enjoy the game. And of course the game does not look bad at all. 

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD

nalex66
MVP
MVP
Yup, no Quest release, although they do make sure to mention that Quest users can enjoy this game with a Link cable and VR-capable PC.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

RedRizla
Honored Visionary

dburne said:

I would love to see the look on everyone's face if it turned out looking like Onward for PC -VR and Quest.

saami81
Rising Star
Seems that only Oculus care about PCVR market. Just judging by how much they support exclusives.

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

RedRizla said:

dburne said:

I would love to see the look on everyone's face if it turned out looking like Onward for PC -VR and Quest.

Man Crying GIFs  Tenor

kevinw729
Honored Visionary
This is the best illustration of the reality of a PC against a Quest version - the issues that shape the developers decisions:

95cczwg3ugjp.png

For those that tried to claim that developing a high quality PC VR experience - and then that the porting process over to the Quest was "not that difficult" - please think again!

Possibly the new Quest-Pro with a better processor could alleviate many of these issues, but that hardware is not out yet!

https://vrawards.aixr.org/ "The Out-of-Home Immersive Entertainment Frontier: Expanding Interactive Boundaries in Leisure Facilities" https://www.amazon.co.uk/Out-Home-Immersive-Entertainment-Frontier/dp/1472426959

MarZeloFdez
Protege
It looks great!  😮
CEO y Fundador