Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Medal Of Honour Above & Beyond Story Trailer

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
Looks cool so far.

https://youtu.be/Q6VFHMl0UpI

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.
274 REPLIES 274

falken76
Expert Consultant
Holy crap, this is the only Oculus exclusive I've seen that looks interesting to me.  I'm getting HP Reverb G2, but I'm keeping my rift, I'll pick this one up, I like that they went back the the WWII genre.

falken76
Expert Consultant

kevinw729 said:

This is the best illustration of the reality of a PC against a Quest version - the issues that shape the developers decisions:

95cczwg3ugjp.png

For those that tried to claim that developing a high quality PC VR experience - and then that the porting process over to the Quest was "not that difficult" - please think again!

Possibly the new Quest-Pro with a better processor could alleviate many of these issues, but that hardware is not out yet!

They are an experienced dev team, so they know what they're doing.  Can't help but think though, they may have seen what happened to Onward and said "Those poor fools, this was their first game, they just didn't know...."

Anonymous
Not applicable

falken76 said:

Holy crap, this is the only Oculus exclusive I've seen that looks interesting to me.  I'm getting HP Reverb G2, but I'm keeping my rift, I'll pick this one up, I like that they went back the the WWII genre.

Yeah when have my Reverb G2 I also plan on keeping my Rift S, I will definitely be getting this game.
Interesting at the end of the trailer they splash both Quest and Rift S names on it.
Guess they are thinking of Quest w/ Link.

nalex66
MVP
MVP

dburne said:

falken76 said:

Yeah when have my Reverb G2 I also plan on keeping my Rift S, I will definitely be getting this game.
Interesting at the end of the trailer they splash both Quest and Rift S names on it.

As I mentioned earlier in the thread, the fine print at the end specifies that Quest users need a VR-capable 
PC to play this via Link. If you look at the headset images at the end of the trailer, the Quest also shows the Link cable.
0ec2rw37zwre.jpeg

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

Anonymous
Not applicable

kevinw729 said:

This is the best illustration of the reality of a PC against a Quest version - the issues that shape the developers decisions:

95cczwg3ugjp.png

For those that tried to claim that developing a high quality PC VR experience - and then that the porting process over to the Quest was "not that difficult" - please think again!

Possibly the new Quest-Pro with a better processor could alleviate many of these issues, but that hardware is not out yet!

It really isn't that difficult. You obviously have to downgrade some stuff in terms of retopologising models, lower resolution textures or maybe even stylising the game instead of using PBR textures (which is something I'm considering for Dino Coaster VR) to make it run on the potato powering the Quest but it should be possible.

Just look at what Oculus did with Robo Recall.

saami81
Rising Star

dburne said:

falken76 said:

Isnt there a way to run oculus games with other headsets? With G2 you can have better resolution. You might have to low graphic setting. Depending if game is made to run with current oculus hmds 80hz with max settings and 2080 minimum.

Anonymous
Not applicable

saami81 said:

dburne said:

falken76 said:

Isnt there a way to run oculus games with other headsets? With G2 you can have better resolution. You might have to low graphic setting. Depending if game is made to run with current oculus hmds 80hz with max settings and 2080 minimum.

Yeah through Revive I guess, obviously I have no experience with it yet but I am sure I will be looking into it
once I have the Reverb G2.

kevinw729
Honored Visionary

snowdog said:
It really isn't that difficult. You obviously have to downgrade some stuff in terms of retopologising models, lower resolution textures or maybe even stylising the game instead of using PBR textures (which is something I'm considering for Dino Coaster VR) to make it run on the potato powering the Quest but it should be possible.

Just look at what Oculus did with Robo Recall.

Glad your not getting the hand lag and audio issues others reported on the Quest - I think the great work the team did on the last patch made the difference, and squeezed the last out of that processors as Oculus Texas did with the work they did. 
https://vrawards.aixr.org/ "The Out-of-Home Immersive Entertainment Frontier: Expanding Interactive Boundaries in Leisure Facilities" https://www.amazon.co.uk/Out-Home-Immersive-Entertainment-Frontier/dp/1472426959

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
New screenshot have arrived ❤️ 

22vo9rjnwe9z.jpg
stmdlr3mfrv0.jpg
2u2ahlcky2v0.jpg
s13fnlulrsep.jpg
64c63fpuym8i.jpg

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

JanetteeTurnerr
Honored Guest
Interesting responses are in this thread)