cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microphone with cv1?

Techy111
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Sorry for a hopefully not too stupid of a question? We know cv1 has built in headphones but does anyone have any good recommendations for a mic ? For multiplayer simming and chatting via Teamspeak. Hope this hasn't been asked before but I couldn't find a post anywhere ?

Tony
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

19 REPLIES 19

nalex66
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
I believe CV1 has a built-in mic.

i7 5820K @ 4.25GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32GB | Corsair HX 750W
SSDs: Intel 660p M.2 2TB, 3x Samsung Evo 1TB | Startech PCIe 4x USB 3.0 | Startech PCIe 2x USB C 3.1 gen2

JakemanOculus
Level 7
Yes, the CV1 has a mic.

I remember it was confirmed in this video, but I don't have the exact position in the video. Just watch the whole thing:

Techy111
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Cheers for that , it'd be great if we knew where it was and if it can connect to Teamspeak or ventrilo ok ? Anyone know or would it be better to connect via the pc jack with another mic ?

Tony
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

nalex66
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
I'm assuming since they bothered to integrate it, it should work acceptably well. When the Rift is plugged into your system, it should probably show up under Audio Devices along with the Rift headphones.

i7 5820K @ 4.25GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32GB | Corsair HX 750W
SSDs: Intel 660p M.2 2TB, 3x Samsung Evo 1TB | Startech PCIe 4x USB 3.0 | Startech PCIe 2x USB C 3.1 gen2

Dreamwriter
Level 8
As far as I can tell, all we know about the microphone is it is "hidden in the best place" in the Rift, and there are games which use it to detect your breathing.

VizionVR
Level 8
Apologizing in advance for this, but shouldn't we already know how the damn microphone works? I mean, I understand NDA and all that but c'mon Oculus. It's a microphone. We shouldn't have to search the internet for answers to the elusive microphone.
Not a Rift fanboi. Not a Vive fanboi. I'm a VR fanboi. Get it straight.

JakemanOculus
Level 7
"vizionvr" wrote:
Apologizing in advance for this, but shouldn't we already know how the damn microphone works? I mean, I understand NDA and all that but c'mon Oculus. It's a microphone. We shouldn't have to search the internet for answers to the elusive microphone.

What do you mean? It's a microphone. It is audio input. That is how it works.

Maybe you want to know how it's used? That is up to the developers who choose to use that audio source. Voice chat is an obvious application.

RedRizla
Level 16
Given that microphones have a high rate of failure, is this something that can be swapped out in CV1? I'd also like to know if you can order new earphones if the Rifts ones go faulty?

maxpare79
Level 10
"Dreamwriter" wrote:
As far as I can tell, all we know about the microphone is it is "hidden in the best place" in the Rift, and there are games which use it to detect your breathing.

Never heard about breathing detection would be cool if true... Like in a game like Adrift where you would have to slow your breathing to save up on oxygen :shock:
I am a spacesim/flightsim/racesim enthusiast first 🙂 I9 9900k@5.0, 32gb RAM/ 2080ti Former DK2, Gear VR,CV1 and Rift S owner