Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More GTX 980 Information Coming Out

ThreeEyes
Explorer
252 REPLIES 252

GoldenRetroGames
Heroic Explorer
I'm really impressed how inexpensive the GTX980 cards are. I think I'm going to sell my AMD 290 and get one of these.

Cgpnz
Honored Guest
"kojack" wrote:
For brisbane people, Umart has just updated their website, they have the MSI GTX 970 ($519aus) and Gigabyte GTX 980 ($799aus) in stock.

I thought the aussie dollar was close to usd? Have you being whacked by customs or the retailer?

Vylen
Honored Guest
"Cgpnz" wrote:
"kojack" wrote:
For brisbane people, Umart has just updated their website, they have the MSI GTX 970 ($519aus) and Gigabyte GTX 980 ($799aus) in stock.

I thought the aussie dollar was close to usd? Have you being whacked by customs or the retailer?

Nah, Aussie dollar has been slowly falling unfortunately - along with the US dollar rising...

GoldenRetroGames
Heroic Explorer
Ugh ... The retailer I ordered my 980 from messed up stock information and they don't actually have the card. Guess I need the order it elsewhere. Hopefully I can still get one by the weekend.

paxoman
Honored Guest
I got my EVGA GTX 980 SC 4GB GDDR5 on friday and loving it, i had 2 gtx 580 in SLI before.
I use iracing alot using 3 screen on a res of 6170 x1080 (bezel corrected) and with the GTX 980 on full detail and it kicks ass!! There is no judder like i used to get with my 2 cards its as smooth as hell ranging for 130fps and up.

Warthunder and the rift is so much better now on full detail and no judder any more,
Elite and the rift full detail is a lot better to but still a very small judder 😞 but overall i a very happy man.

GoldenRetroGames
Heroic Explorer
I was lucky to find a store that had a single 980 SC in stock. I'll be installing it later. I'm surprised it doesn't appear to have an audio connector like other Nvidia cards. Does the 980 process audio without the need to connect it to the motherboard's SPDIF connector?

Zoomie
Expert Trustee
Interesting that the GeForce Experience software greys out my 970 as an unsupported card when I try to optimize games. I guess it's so new they don't really know the optimal settings yet.

So far the optimal settings seems to be "MAX". :mrgreen:
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. - Arthur C Clarke

ThreeEyes
Explorer
"goldenegg" wrote:
I was lucky to find a store that had a single 980 SC in stock. I'll be installing it later. I'm surprised it doesn't appear to have an audio connector like other Nvidia cards. Does the 980 process audio without the need to connect it to the motherboard's SPDIF connector?

The DisplayPort and HDMI connectors have audio included but I don't think my EVGA GTX 980 SC has an auxiliary audio connector. Nothing is mentioned in the printed stuff with it.
But... but... but... I just NEED to know about the Baba! The Baba has me hypmotized! :shock:

Wireline
Explorer
Hmm so I take it NVidia will actually be making more of these things? They've flown off the shelves by the looks of it, everyone has "pre-order" up 😞 Are they just being slow making them? I know they "grow" the things but is there such a thing as a silicon famine?

ThreeEyes
Explorer
Slow is relative. 😉 all they have to do is make them slower than people buy them and there will be shortages and delays.

Chip fabrication is fascinating though. It's a batch process with trays of wafer slices having to go through multiple steps where they get etched, bombarded by ions and atoms in vacuum chambers, cut into individual bits, and assembled into carriers by precision robots. All in ultra clean facilities with the workers in moon suits.

But... but... but... I just NEED to know about the Baba! The Baba has me hypmotized! :shock: