cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving the Oculus folder to a new home on another drive

midinut
Honored Guest
Hello everyone. First time poster here. I did a search but could not find an answer. I recently purchased Lone Echo. I have a Quest 2 with a Link cable and everything (for the most part) has been working fine. After I purchased Lone Echo I try to run it and it tells me that I don't have enough memory to run it. I looked and all my Oculus data is on my internal SSD which is about full (first world problems, right?). I have an external drive (4TB) where I usually install all my PC games (Steam games, Xbox Game Pass games, Ubisoft games, Blizzard, etc.) Evidently, somewhere during the setup process for my original Quest it decided to store all my games and data on the internal drive. Is there a way for me to move my Oculus folder from the internal to the external without having to repoint it the right direction? Or can I run the OculusSetup.exe file again and somewhere tell it I want everything to go to the external drive? I hope this is going to be a painless process. Or is this something I should have Oculus support walk me through? Just wanted to check here before calling them. I'm sure they have their hands full at the moment with all the new users! lol Thanks in advance!
1 REPLY 1

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager
Hey there! You're able to create a new Library Location elsewhere on your PC to save your game data to, and we've got a Support article that goes over how to do so, available by clicking here. You can even move games already installed there as well. If you have any more questions or concerns, you can also click here to contact us. Thanks! -Kassidy
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!